Is This The Coolest Remote ever?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by *Zod*, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

Ha! I was just going to mention this, because way back when when I worked at Incredible Universe I demo'ed that receiver, an STR-G3, daily. I had to learn how to tip/rotate that one-button "black egg" to get the on-screen cursor to move correctly - pretty fun actually & very space age. :D But ultimately kinda clunky and imo wasn't all that practical. See photos here (scroll down).

2. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

We brought one of these receivers into my stereo store and while fun, I agree it was funky to use.

I spent a couple of years playing with the similar Adcom Ball remote controlled system, which used a wireless Logitech mouse and an Apple Macintosh computer, built into a stereo sized box, to control the stereo. Revolutionary for the 1990s, it was almost a great system but ultimately sucked. I sold the Ball twice and had it returned both times. While I ended up selling the Adcom preamp and power amp separately, I ultimately threw the Ball controller away. $3,000 went into the dumpster. I wish I could have crushed the Adcom Ball instead. I ended up hating that box.

3. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Forum Veteran

What about the Devialet remote. Cool !!!

[​IMG]

Dr Tone and gregr like this.
  4. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Forum Resident

Yes, the Devialet remote wins!! I have allot of first hand experience.

[​IMG]

5. APH

APH Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.