It Bites-New 'live' box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rufus rag, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can't see any track listing but nice to have some unreleased live music, but what really piques my interest is tracks that where meant for the unreleased fourth album

New Merchandise Available!

sheffandy likes this.
  2. EddieVortex

EddieVortex Forum Resident

I have just received this 5CD set 'Live In London'. The sound quality is pretty good and the performances excellent. The two tracks from the unreleased fourth album are on the Hammersmith Odeon gig from 1990 (on discs 4 and 5) which are 'Welcome To The Wild Country' and 'Feels Like Summertime'. 'Welcome To The Wild Country' is the same song that appeared on Francis Dunnery's solo album. To be clear, these are live tracks not unreleased studio versions. It is a very worthwhile set and I see that they are now looking at the possibility of issuing a vinyl version.

Rufus rag likes this.
  3. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident Thread Starter

^^Thanks! There's a good review in the latest Classic Rock magazine; need to get this.

4. sheffandy

sheffandy Forum Resident

I missed this post from a few weeks ago. Thanks for the info. I went to a few shows in Sheffield in late 80’s early 90’s. Always a joy to behold. Will investigate further :righton:

Rufus rag likes this.
  5. peterpyser

peterpyser Forum Resident

This is an excellent live set.
    It Bites were clearly well above the average music scene in the late 80s that's why they never achieved the popularity they deserved.

6. squonkduke

squonkduke Forum Resident

I bought my 5cd set from the Just For Kicks nice shop located in Germany:
    Just for Kicks Music Shop
    Live In London Deluxe 5CD-Box

It arrived safe and sound for a very fair amount. Very fast shipping with DHL courier.
    They also included a couple of sampler cds, a really nice gesture.
    I highly recommend that music shop.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Thorpy, Rufus rag and sheffandy like this.
  7. Stellabagpuss

Stellabagpuss Well-Known Member

Received the box set after purchasing from It Bites site.
    l have to say, l was expecting some dodgy recordings, however l am pleased to report, that they all packed with great musicianship, and don't sound half bad to considering the sources.
    l have been a life long fan of IB & FD, so it's a must for all fans
    If only we could twist Bob Dalton's arm to consider 24bit 96khz downloads of there albums!

8. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Great set, rounds out my It Bites collection nicely. Really impressed with the sound quality throughout. Off to see Francis Dunnery doing an It Bites show tomorrow night in Manchester!!

BryanS and Rufus rag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.