"It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!!!" blu-ray available for pre-order at Walmart.com!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lukejosephchung, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

The title listed above, along with "A Fish Called Wanda", "When Harry Met Sally", "Throw Momma From The Train", "Legally Blonde" and Quentin Tarantino's "Jackie Brown" are Walmart exclusives and available for pre-order at their website...I just placed my order...street date is July 5th!!!:goodie:

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

But...

I wish the film was getting the royal treatment...full restoration...Smile Box presentation...all that sort of thing.....

3. lukejosephchung

Me too, but this is MGM/UA, not Warner's so we're out of luck on that score...I'm thrilled that it's coming out so soon, though!!!:cheers:

4. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Spencer Tracy, Wanda, and me are gonna place a mad, mad, mad order! :goodie:

5. lukejosephchung

Your credit card's gonna spank you for this one, Rachael...mine too, but for these titles, I don't mind one bit!!!:laugh:

6. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I won't get spanked...too hard....maybe hung upside down out a window! :laugh:

7. lukejosephchung

Save me some space...for these titles, I'LL JOIN YA!!!:winkgrin:

8. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Full length like my VHS copy?

9. lukejosephchung

To the best of my knowledge, yes...remember, blu-rays can hold 50 gigabytes of storage space, so they can fit 3-4 hours of 1080p content with few, if any problems!:righton:

10. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I'm not sure how long the VHS copy is but the laserdisc version (the restoration) is about 30 minutes longer (Walmarts site says 161 minutes). I'm hoping at some point they'll issue this version on blu-ray but for $10 I'm in for this one!

11. tootull

Approximate feature running time is 3 hours and 8 minutes on VHS.

12. lukejosephchung

MGM/UA's been pretty good about putting out the full-length versions of their classics, so I expect you'll find that version on the blu-ray, To Tull!!!:righton:

13. tootull

Hope so! :) That would be good news.

:cheers:

14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

There's a discussion on Home Theater Forum under Blu-Ray tab, and a sketch image posted up at CriterionForum for a upcoming release from Criterion planning a release in November 2013. That's the 50th Anniversary of the films release to cinmas in 1963.

No more details whether it's a clean-up of the film (better prints scanned) or a seemless branching to get a close to Roadshow Version cut of the film is unknown. Maybe in a couple weeks/months there will be a official announcment available!

Hope something exciting happens for this film.

Attached Files:

15. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

Fitting for a film that you find the buried treasure under a big W.

16. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I bought thin VHS with the found/deleted scenes. Then in DVD, does the Blu have the missing scenes? Love this zany movie!

17. lukejosephchung

The deleted scenes are currently NOT in the blu-ray released under MGM's label...they are expected to be restored and included in the rumored Criterion edition blu-ray supposedly coming this November...

18. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I shall wait, love those deleted scenes, make a nonsensical film make a tad more sense.

lukejosephchung likes this.
  19. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

This would be a must buy if it is done right.
    One of my favorite movies.

Galley and OldSoul like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.