It's Official! The Beatles Remasters Thread (Pt. 01) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by den0iZer, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

:biglaugh:

2. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Thank's for the info, that's what I needed :righton:

... guess what ... now I'll have to get the Stereo albums and the mono box

my wallet hurts! :D

PS: does anyone knows how much the mono box will cost?

3. kentb47

kentb47 Forum Resident

Oh, and I'm siding with Driver 8.

These two new boxes just made me decide that with only 2 new Buffalo Springfield songs, the Neil Young Archives has just officially waited too long for me to have on my 'to buy' list. If he'd released it last month, I would've bought it. Now, probably not.

4. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Yeah, sorry. I was gone for a while this morning and didn't know it was here over, and over.

5. Rick B.

Rick B. Senior Member

Never mind...

6. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Mike says "NO" to anomaly-fixing engineers....

That said though, I appreciated Ted Jensen's fix in the stereo "Kansas City" on the Capitol V2 box. I wouldn't want anything else futzed with though.

7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I too might have to put off Neil, or at least get the CD's instead of the DVD's.

8. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Personally, I would have included the original stereo mixes on the Help! and Rubber Soul reissues rather than the 1987 remixes. But otherwise, I'm finding very little to complain about.

By the way, it seems pretty clear from the catalog that these are remasters, not remixes. I wouldn't be surprised, however, that as part of the four year process, all of the multitracks were transferred to high res digital. Hopefully, we'll eventually get the Beatles on Blu-Ray, where we'll be able to get both the original mono and stereo mixes in hi-rez, as well as completely new 5.1 and stereo mixes. Hopefully there would also be room for additional video content, like the promo films, but that kind of material might be saved for the inevitable Blu-Ray release of Anthology.

9. den0iZer

den0iZer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Spinning stereophonic A Hard Day's Night and Beatles For Sale with czech Pilsner Urquell :)

10. emkay

emkay Senior Member

Gotcha -- lotsa static up here today. Hard to keep up with it all.

11. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I'm not sure about this. In the recent MOJO White Album issue, there was a sidebar in which what I presume were these remasters were played for a MOJO reporter, and I'm pretty sure he described them as remixed. I know that that article discuss how the remasters boosted bass in ways that EMI engineers were afraid to do during the vinyl era. I'm pretty sure they were not just talking about EQ changes.

12. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

After the great Capitol boxes, what's to get so excited about, other than remasters of the White Album, Revolver and Abbey Road? Not that those 3 aren't worth getting excited about...

13. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

True. Ron speculated several hundred posts ago that the remixes may well surface later as part of a deluxe collection. That, of course, would change the tone somewhat as several hundred people start complaining about having to buy the catalogue for a THIRD time in x months.

14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

How about remasters from the original Parlophone master tapes, minus Dexterization? :D

15. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.