itunes newest upgrade: Lots of people having problems!!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ralphb97, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dont get me started on their player! I'd rather use iTunes on a PC than WMP

2. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

You know keeping and playing a database of digital files should not be as endlessly complicated as all the programs make it. I'm baffled why these programs keep getting more and more complex. iTunes 11 seems like everything you would not want a database frontend to do.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I've had the same Mac for six years and am only just now upgrading in the next week or so.

Naaaa, I watch all my digital media whenever I want, keeping it as files on my own servers and players. Almost no cloud use here.

Hard to argue with that. Although, several tech blogs have noted that the new Mac Pro costs as much or less than equivalent PC models from Dell, when you outfit it with all the exact same features:

"Sure, you could build an i7-4930K machine that would have a faster CPU and be cheaper than the $2999 quad-core Mac Pro, but it would be impossible to build a Xeon E5 v2-based machine for less than Apple sells it with these FirePro GPUs and PCIe SSDs. Numerous PC sites have already confirmed exactly that."

Send it to me! I can always use another Nano.

cgoodwin22 and Bubbamike like this.
  4. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

To each his own. Portable digital audio playback via an iPod -- which is the only time I use an Apple product or service and only because I got a device as a freebie -- is such a miniscule part of my life (unless I'm taking a long plane flight I almost never use my iPod, I can go weeks if not months without turning it on), that if it disappeared from the world I wouldn't miss it. I'm sure Apple's not missing my money, but I'm also sure my life's not any lesser for avoiding Apple as a tech vendor or media vendor, which I do for the reasons I've already noted.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I just got stuck in a horrific two-hour traffic jam from Santa Monica to Northridge at 5:00 in the afternoon, and if I hadn't had an iPod with me for entertainment, I would've slammed my head into the gear shift lever repeatedly until it punctured my brain and killed me.

Jaap74 likes this.
  6. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I actually listened to Booker Little's self-titled second album on my iPod on the way home in the car today, myself, but mostly I listen to the radio, or satellite radio, or CDs, or, yes, I call my mother (she's getting on in years and is living alone, so, yeah, I'm a good son) on my ride home. Mostly though I prefer radio in the car -- either news, news talk, sports or music, and if it's music, I like radio because I'm looking for music discovery or music I haven't heard in a long time with radio, not music I've heard before or that I listen to a lot. With so many different ways of accessing music today, it's interesting, there are a lot of very different individual practices out there. Not like the media universe I grew up in 40 or 50 years ago, that's for sure.

Vidiot likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I confess that I was actually listening to weeks-old episodes of Howard Stern on the iPod all the way during my drive. Highly entertaining. (I capture all the satellite shows as files and then time-shift them on the iPod so I won't miss a minute of them.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.