Jackie Brown !!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

No...now I wanna see that.

Myke likes this.
  2. Mychkine

Mychkine Forum Resident

Thanks for the information, I'm ashamed to say that I've never heard of Out of Sight before !

Myke likes this.
  3. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    :love: Stunning.

johnny q likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

J Lo, George Clooney, Ving Rhames . Based on another Elmore Leonard story. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120780/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Mychkine likes this.
  5. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Watching Death Proof at the theater was a great way to spend a Friday afternoon.

6. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

I liked the movie a lot - more about the characters, still violent though. Love the bit where Jackie goes into the bar and the bartender asks if she wants a drink - she says "I'm fine", to which the bartender replies approvingly "yes, you are". I agree, however unlike some other beautiful actresses, Pam Grier can act.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

It was a pretty cool movie. I was on a Tarantino kick, at the time. Only saw it once.

8. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

What makes it different from most of QT's films is the relationship between Jackie and Max. This film has a lot of heart and real feeling between the two. More focus on them than trying to vs caught up in cinematic style. Thank Elmore Leonard for the source material.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  9. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I just watched this movie again On Demand, what a great flick! Oddly enough, the first and only time I saw this movie was when I was in Medellin Columbia last year - I watched it with subtitles!

10. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I've been meaning to revisit this one sometime soon.... I've always felt it was QT's weakest film, but it's been years since I last saw it, so perhaps another viewing will help strengthen my opinion of it.

11. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Originally I didn't care for it- I saw it as a poor follow-up to Pulp Fiction. Now I can barely watch Pulp Fiction and I have more fun watching Jackie Brown.

Jerry Horne and ex_mixer like this.
  12. 905

905 Senior Member

One of my favorite films.

13. Jackie Brown is one of my fave flicks. I love the slow pace to it, the music, Robert Forster,...the list goes on.

A really special movie with a lot of heart.

One of my top 3 QT flicks for sure.

Jerry Horne and amoergosum like this.
  14. Overfloater8

Overfloater8 Forum Resident

Hoffmanites,
    I recently purchase the new Jackie Brown reissue from Rhino on limited edition yellow vinyl and was shocked out how dead the sonics were. Awful. I have cds that sound much, much better than this and let's not even talk about analog/high rez dig.-avoid!

That same day I also purchased two of All Them Witches albums on vinyl. A sticker on the shrink wrap denoted, "Audio Mastered for Vinyl"(Probably high rez dig, but I can't tell which is a great thing). Man, did the sonics on these two albums reveal all the deficiencies on Jackie Brown in comparison!

15. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Close third after "Dogs and Pulp" for me.

16. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Sad to hear that. I've been considering replacing my CDs of all QT soundtracks with vinyl copies. Some of them are very expensive. I love my copy of The Hateful Eight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.