Jeff Beck "Truth" SACD Is Coming From Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by shepherdfan, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

If you have Prime, you can get the CD for $24.99 shipped at Amazon.

Tuco likes this.
  2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hey, thanks. I tried real hard not to mess with the "feel" of the thing. I also did not add any noise-reduction processing to it even though a few people begged me to do so. They said that the tape hiss is so "old-fashioned" but I say a little tape hiss won't kill you.

3. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Those few people couldn't handle the truth.

supermd, George P, zongo and 5 others like this.
  4. carbonfiberone

carbonfiberone Forum Resident

Love this album Got it on my 18th birthday along with Muddy' s electric mud.But this has been asked before.Is this going to come out on vinyl ? Thanks

5. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I could be mistaken, but I do not believe that Audio Fidelity is doing a vinyl version.

6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Next year is the 50th anniversary of Truth and possibly the best chance we have to see a new remix done by Universal along with few more bonus tracks. Does anyone know if the multi tracks from these sessions still exist for a new remix?

At least we now have a definitive remaster of this album, thanks Audio Fidelity! Hoping to hear this when I am back from my travels...

keifspoon likes this.
  7. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Lost

8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Yes, the SH remaster is the best pressing I've heard, but the Pastmaster is close. EMI have the original tapes in their vaults... but unfortunately the remastering engineers (Anesini and Mew) couldn't do right the job

9. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Any idea if the mono master tape is still usable?

10. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

That’s a shame :(

11. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

When I listen to this record I really miss Rod as a Rock Singer. And that's da Truth. :righton:

12. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I don‘t know. I only have read EMI couldn‘t locate the multi track reels.

13. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Is it possible that the multi-track masters are in the possession of Mickie Most Productions? I assume that Mickie paid for the recording sessions. It would stand to reason that they (or the current owner of the Most tape archive) have the session tapes.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  14. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I'm very grateful that you did not use any noise-reduction processing. The Audio Fidelity edition of "Truth" proves that there is a lot of life in the master tape. It just needed someone who knows what they're doing to coax it out naturally.

Hearing this SACD is as big a revelation for me as hearing your mastering of Cream's "Wheels of Fire" for the first time.

15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Many thanks.

16. AllenR

AllenR Forum Resident

I sent an email to AF asking about vinyl release and I will post their response if I hear back from them.

17. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Anyone received theirs from ImportCDs yet? Just shows 'out of stock.'

18. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Yes I ordered Truth and Best of the Scorpions, says back ordered, no clue when they will ship. Importcds seems to run out quickly on the first run.

Electric likes this.
  19. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Truth is one of my favorite albums by anyone ever. Changed my life about 4 years ago, Summer of 2013. That said, I never liked the stereo mix, and when I heard the mono, it became and remains my go-to version.

If Legacy ever releases the mono mix either on hi-res or CD, then I will buy it, but for now, I think I'll just stick to my EMI first-press vinyl rip of the mono mix.

20. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

They shipped mine, but to my US address, so I don't have it yet.

21. Are referring to the version that Chris Athens did that preceded the Mew? The Athens mastering was pretty good actually.

22. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Oops... my mistake. I don't like the EMI (remastered by Pete Mew) and the Sony.

23. I would agree with the EMI but for me (at least) the Sony is pretty good. It's not as good as the Audio Fidelity though.

24. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Good to know its shipping. Still waiting for mine.

25. pablo

pablo Forum Resident

Got mine from Acoustic Sounds several weeks ago. I like it. Piano is great. I thought You Shook me had more bass, but I'm probably just reliving a memory echo of LZ Page's You Shook Me. This Truth has a '60's crunchy sound, IMO. But good all the way through.