Jerry Mathers rocks out - Beaver and the Trappers

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

After Jerry Mathers' run on the show Leave It To Beaver ended, he formed a teen combo and played gigs in the SoCal area as Beaver and the Trappers. He released a couple singles, and this garage pounder is the best of the bunch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0eBT768yK4 I'm surprised it never showed up on a Nuggets comp. Any other tv folks rock out on the side? Ricky Nelson obviously stands out as a solid rocker, and Johnny Crawford from The Rifleman had some pop hits on Del-Fi. Paul Petersen and Shelley Fabares from The Donna Reed Show also had some pop charters - who else can we add to the list of tv rockers?

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not a bad garage tune, really, but his vocal really lays there flat...

3. indy mike

Yep - makes it all the better for the garage band fan, as singing in tune isn't a necessity when it's time to howl away... Gotta love it when he yelps "Happiness is.................................MONEY!" :winkgrin:

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

If you haven't heard "Wind Up Toy" you haven't really lived. :D

5. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

If they are rockers, I guess Patty Duke is too. :)

6. indy mike

Poorly worded on my part - perhaps we could place Misses Duke and Fabares, and Master Petersen safely into the "popular music that parents in 1962-1965 wouldn't have objected too much playing on the hi-fi" category. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.