Jethro Tull 'Benefit' - New Steve Wilson stereo and 5.1 remixes*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

I think you will be more than satisfied with this purchase and at that price I think it's a steal! Happy listening!

2. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

I had to give some of the songs a bass boost. Alive and well, inside, play in time mainly

3. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Apart from the terrific remix (as always) of the album itself, I found the bonus tracks on Benefit to be a selling point. No previously unreleased material, but I really like having those mono mixes in digital quality. With the release of Stand Up, I was able to compile a CD-R of all the original single mixes.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  4. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...:yikes: hurry, make the transaction and run! Haha! Yeah, that’s a steal. The music and sound within that set is worth A LOT more.

Synthfreek likes this.
  5. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...soon. :drool:

Dennis Metz likes this.
  6. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

I agree. I just wish the US b-side version of A Time For Everything (edited fold...or folded edit) had been included, if only for completeness.

7. SJB

How is it different from disc 2, track 14 (described as a fold-down issued as a B-side in the "Reprise territories")? I found images of the US promo and stock copies, and the listed running time is 2:42, same as on Reprise copies of the LP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Six Bachelors likes this.
  8. Six Bachelors

Whoops. Sorry for this. I checked the booklet. I was confused - it’s Inside that, according the booklet, was released either as a fold or an edited fold in some countries, as well as in the USA.

9. SJB

That explains it. I think the version of "Inside" on the Wilson set is dedicated mono, with edits. So you could at least reproduce the edits on a homemade fold of the album mix.

Six Bachelors likes this.
  10. Six Bachelors

Yep. More incentive to get the hang of Sound Forge. It just struck me as odd that it was mentioned but not included, when the rest of the disc is so thorough. Sorry again for mixing up the tracks (and thanks for your research!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.