Jimi Hendrix: Anthology 3 Cd Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maidenpriest, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :) Thread Starter

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

I had this years ago it has great live tracks from Jimi's Experience days. I think the various sources are R.A.H 69, Paris 68, San Diego 69, BBC sessions, maybe Stockhom 67 but I could be wrong. The Little Miss Lover is worthy of price alone, unsure what venue/date. Basically bits of the Stages release jumbled together with other stuff. I am sure some Jimi degree student will come to your rescue soon enough.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  3. Maidenpriest

I am sure I have it all on other releases like Stages, original BBC etc just wondering if anything is there different or in much better sound etc?, any idea where 'Little Miss Lover' is from ? :)

4. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

That's a bootleg

Maidenpriest likes this.
  5. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

It must be the BBC recording, no doubt.

6. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

It could well be its been years since I played it. If I have it still I will check

7. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

From The Benjamin Franklin Studios is your friend on this one. Disc 1 the first five tracks are from the L.A. Forum '69 concert and if I recall correctly in a slightly different mix than "Lifelines" that has appeared on numerous bootlegs. Wind Cries Mary is supposedly from Paris '68, BOTML is from the Stockholm '67 radio broadcast, Fire is from the second set of Stockholm on 09-Jan-69. I don't recall any of these tracks sounding any better than what generally circulates. "Little Miss Lover" on disc 3 is indeed the BBC version. Discs 2 and 3 do dip back into the L.A. Forum '69 show for a lot of the tracks, as well as the BBC tracks for things like "Catfish Blues" and "Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window". Finally, the Albert Hall show from 24-Feb-69 is the source for things on disc 3 like Bleeding Heart, Wild Thing and Room Full Of Mirrors. Basically these guys took readily available soundboard sources and cobbled together a live anthology.

8. Maidenpriest

Is it? I have the same series but Howling Wolf, i can't remember where I bought it though !!

9. Maidenpriest

Thank You :cheers: is it Gapless, because then it may be interesting to give it a listen ?

10. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Used to have this, came out in the early 90's. Tax Free from the LA '69 show includes the drum solo which was edited out on the Lifelines disc.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  11. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

If it is it's of a very high quality - I can't remember where my copy came from, it's dated 1993 and states made in Italy. A little booklet inside with just the tracklist and three images of Jimi, from memory it sounds good...

12. Maidenpriest

Maybe its the same people who made this, I think it was my first Hendrix Cd bought with Kiss The Sky :)

[​IMG]

13. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Yup. Some crafty fellows managed to sell it to some big distributors, so it ended up in the shops.

Anthology (Cedar / Phonocomp BOX 9 / 1993 / 3CD set in slipcase) ftbfs: B420
    (Los Angeles Forum, Los Angeles, CA 26.04.69 [Complete; Sbd Source*] plus BBC Sessions, London 1967 / "Tonarskväll", Radiohuset, Stockholm 05.09.67 / "Hoepla", VPRO Vitus Studio, Bussum 10.11.67 / l'Olympia, Paris 29.01.68; 2nd Show / Stora Salen, Konserthuset, Stockholm 09.01.69; 2nd Show / Royal Albert Hall, London 24.02.1969)
    [* In random order and spread across all 3 discs]
    notes:
    - Discs 1 & 2 are identical to the "Gold Collection" (ftbfs: B322) 2CD set

Source
    http://home.online.no/~hpjohnse/hendrix.html#cedar1

Maidenpriest and JP Christian like this.
  14. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Blimey, I know I can't remember where i got it, but it would have been somewhere legit, as I've had it about 20 years and there were still many record shops around then!

Maidenpriest likes this.
  15. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Italy has or used to have some legal loophole that allowed various Italian labels to issue comps with "official" material by many artists. So this is "grey market" release, not strictly a bootleg. I have a truckload of similar jazz cds

Maidenpriest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.