Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Nah, they'd have tag-teamed all the entitled Zep loonies... ;) :D

ohnothimagen likes this.
  2. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

I'm not going to wade through all 71 pages of this, but am I correct that nothing concrete has been announced, and the likelihood of something coming out this year is growing more and more faint by the minute?

DrBeatle and GeoffC like this.
  3. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Ummmm.......yeah. The big thing is the streaming site with a couple of digital debuts of an RSD single from the recent past. That's it for now.

4. Judge Judy

Well, at least it's not the digital release of another best-of. I saw that thing and since it had the Sunset Sound version of "Rock and Roll" I was thinking that was supposed to be the "unreleased" music. The streaming site isn't exactly wowing me but that's better than another compilation at least.

5. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

Well they do have two of them up there for those who are so inclined...

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FWIW, the hi-rez of two new comps appear to be straight digital copies from the individual hi-res album tracks. Same exact peak levels, same exact track times for every track. I just made the new comp for myself with those tracks and added a needledrop of the RSD Rock and Roll 45.

Zephead2112 likes this.
  7. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Unfortunately, nothing new is coming out this year. We can only hope for an announcement early next year, perhaps to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the original release date of Zep I. But I'm growing pessimistic even about that.

8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Clearly something was in the works for 2018, but for whatever reason, the production fell behind or was halted altogether.

DrBeatle, coolsound and tmtomh like this.
  9. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

I won’t abandon the idea of something new will be announced this year but time is running short as November shows up in 2 weeks from now.

DrBeatle, CCrider92 and coolsound like this.
  10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

What could have gotten in the way?Band disagreements,legal problems?

DrBeatle and ponkine like this.
  11. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

In other words...Robert Plant?:laugh: Jonesy probably couldn't care less either way...

12. deanrelax

deanrelax Forum Resident

I'm not giving up just yet. November is the Jimi Hendrix/White Album/Bob Dylan month, but December still looks rather empty. I agree that a January release is quite likely, but in that case they still need to do a digital release on this side of 2018 to protect any unreleased 1968 material. Even Robert Plant has a copule of times alluded to (new) releases this year, so I don't think that there's a band issue. But yes, it seems as there's been some delay, like legal entanglements or that Zeppelin is still negotiating with someone. Let's wait and see what Mojo/Uncut puts on the cover of their December issues

John Rhett Thomas likes this.
  13. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Not sure if Page has them but Bath 1970 was multi-tracked.

DrBeatle and tmtomh like this.
  14. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

We can only guess, but my guess would indeed be that Page presented either a rough mix, or a proposal/concept, for a live album and for some reason Plant didn't like it, and Page thought he didn't have any other alternative material available in releasable quality/condition.

Just rank speculation though.

15. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm right there with you! I believe!!! :)

deanrelax likes this.
  16. Judge Judy

I know! Maybe they'll do reissues of the 2014 boxes!

DrBeatle and mestreech like this.
  17. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Frankly, any reason can be speculated as for why no ´major’ announcement was made yet and the worse one would be there’s nothing else to release at this point.

tmtomh likes this.
  18. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

It absolutely could be the case still it's crazy to think that a release for something like a 50th anniversary falls behind in schedule-it's not like they didn't know it was coming lol...

DrBeatle and tmtomh like this.
  19. I’m hoping for product timed for the Christmas market. Still plenty of time left for an announcement this year.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  20. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

It's just like the old days. Zeppelin releases were always delayed. hahaha

21. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Plant was unusually verbose (for him) about material being released this year. So I'll stick with being optimistic until reality completely takes over.

22. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

They don't remember Jonsey's number. That's the reason for the delay.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
  23. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

Wasn’t Pagey quoted years ago along the lines of: “I won’t work for months & months on a project, only to have it vetoed before it’s release?” Alluding to his fellow band mates...

24. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I keep hearing about this, for years they were rumoured but have they actually been confirmed now?

25. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Something likely wound have been mentioned by now, especially with the press surrounding the book. Cross-promotion can be a good thing.

Perhaps as the band was putting together its live tapes for release, someone put forth the idea of the rumored subscription service, which pushed things back because plans are now being made to implement that platform?

The moment the massive TSRTS reissue was announced so late in the year, most fans realized the chance of another year-end release was slim. Maybe it will still happen, but it seems unlikely.

rockclassics and tmtomh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.