JM Lab speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, Dec 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Yesterday, I did a quick audition on the JM Lab Chorus 105 speakers. I was impressed - for a mini (but full range) speaker. Did not have a chance to audition the 107 (I think that's the number) tower speaker.

I am considering these for surrounds as I can get a JM Lab center channel and sub. I know I'll need a "view screen" TV fo select DVD-A tracks, etc... I'll figure that out later.

They interest me because they are made in France. The speakers I have now (Tangent RS8's) are English but the drivers are made in France. The Chorus 105's also pumped out a fair amount of bass and did not scrimp in the high end department.

Anyone have or audition this brand of speakers? Any comments would be appreciated.

2. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

I haven't heard them in a while, but older models were pretty good, and their new stuff has good reviews.

Focal/JMLab is a big driver manufacturer for home and car audio systems.

Focal/JMLab

3. Gary

Thanks, SVL! Looks interesting.....

4. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Gary - I had a listen to the Grande Utopias and they were fantastic - not a very high WAF and they take up a little too much room but a very special speaker none the less - if you get a pair I'll help you toe them in ;)

All the best - Andrew

5. Gary

Does not even look like they'd fit in my tiny listening room.... I'd bet they need a lot of space to breathe!

Thanks anyway, Aashton.

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Yes, JMLab and Focal are two of the absolute best audio brands in the world.

Focal makes the best car stereo speakers. State of the art.
    I can't wait till I can afford them along with a new car.

And I only wish I could afford those big JMLab speakers.

7. Joseph

Joseph Senior Member

I've listened to the floorstander Chorus speakers at Angie's American Sound in Richmond Hill (north of Toronto). Very impressive sounding speakers. Where did you audition the JM's?

8. Gary

They were at Audio Excellence on Bayview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.