John Fogerty sues former Creedence bandmates (again)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I asked them to close this thread, no help there.

2. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

When something like this goes on, there is never a chance of some star coming in here to share. Even if it's not about them, look at this thread. Who would feel comfortable here, it like TMZ

3. erikdavid5000

erikdavid5000 Forum Resident

Tbis is like Mike Love's RRHOF speech!

"But why didn't he block ME??"

4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I can't read it, but if someone decides to challenge me about this by Bringing up, Oh I don't know, does that make what is happening right?
    No.
    There have been more than one thread about John, I'm thinking these folks are related to Stu or Doug, it's gone on too long, there is something
    deeper in this.

5. TS582

TS582 Forum Resident

What are you talking about?

905, Grand_Ennui and Zeki like this.
  6. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I have yet to see an instance where it appeared the current CCR members have any hate for JCF. Dismay, frustration, pity, obviously. But hatred? Hardly.

7. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

Don't be like that. If we can't bash things out here, semi-civilly, we'll be drawing knives in the street. :eek:

Bemagnus and AppleCorp3 like this.
  8. brucifer

brucifer Well-Known Member

I love this thread. Freedom of speech.
    Why does John trash the Grateful Dead so much in the book? That's one thing that raised my curiosity. Blaming them for an unresponsive crowd at Woodstock seemed to be a real stretch. He claims to be so shy but he wasn't very shy about insulting his fellow artists. What did Grace Slick do to John anyway? He could have complimented Tina Turner without insulting Grace and Janis. Just sayin . . .

Jimmy B. likes this.
  9. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

Zeki: Thanks....but, much to Zelox's angst, I've never left! I'll just enjoy trying to guess what some posts are all about.

I knew it would be too good to be true. Alas.

JFS3: [John] acts a little kid still throwing a tantrum over a Xmas present his parents didn't buy him fifty years ago.

He's been playing a professional victim for the past forty-five, so I would have to say the scales are bit out of whack. Once again, he needs to let it go.

Well Tex, you'll get the same detractors from the gallery applauding every new bash you toss out at John's expense, however unoriginal or unwarranted, so more power to you. Pffft.

JayB: I can see how some folks bash Fogerty for the way he's acted in the past, but we could say the same things about many of the artists that are beloved and worshipped on this site. Henley or Frey anyone?

Or a million others going back to time immemorial (or at least back to the origins of pop n rock). But what's that in the greater scheme of things? NOTHING AS IT'S NOT BIG BAD JOHN.

10. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

When you ignore or block someone, can they see your posts?

11. zelox

zelox Well-Known Member

Apples to oranges. You may not care for Mr. Fogerty's style and his unique way of doing things, but his behavior is hardly criminal (or immoral or lewd). The same cannot be said for Mr. Berry. Is that so hard to understand?

No argument about Daltrey. But can you provide me with any example of Townshend praising Moon's drumming abilities "to the high heavens"? Particularly in the past 30 years? I'd love to see that, since he's certainly dismissed Moon's drumming on many occasions since his death. I admit it's possible, since Townshend is often inconsistent, but I don't recall him saying anything good about Moon's drumming recently.

Pete Townsend is every bit a curmudgeon and bullwhip as John Fogerty is/was. This quality often rides shotgun to anything closing in on artistic wizardry of the highest order. And so be it. Who are we to question such things? Beethoven wasn't the pleasantest of characters but damn if he couldn't lace together some monumentally brilliant passages and notes. Hell, the upstart schnook even refused to bow to kings and queens back in his day. The gall!

Trust me when I say Townsend appreciated Moon's chops a-plenty. I grew up in the thick of that era and saw countless references to this in interviews and articles. I'm sure if you google this you'll find a plenitude of evidence. But being the curmudgeon he's become, Pete has also taken pot shots at all of his cohorts from that famed unit. Fairly regularly as it were. That includes Daltrey on occasion. They tend not to take 'ol (or young) Pete too serious when he does such things as he's known to be a fairly moody SOB. Roger in fact has had to thump Pete and Keith both on a number of occasions just to keep those rascals in line. [You can look that up too.]

Ok here, the very first thing I found. Took all of 10 seconds...
    https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,710641,711514
    I'm sure you can find a million similar references, and probably another million putting the guy down. All depends on his frame of mind at the time I suppose.

Perhaps you could cite some examples of how I've distorted facts in any of my statements here. You seem more concerned with mischaracterizing the tone of my posts than responding to the substance. It's possible to disagree with someone civilly, and have a discussion about those disagreements, without needing to resort to veiled insults such as accusing anyone with contradictory opinions of "whining."

Just go back any reasonable distance in this thread and you'll see countless distortions and excessive speculations presented, from you and others. If you can't you're blind to your own BS. I didn't pull your name out of a hat when I showed up from my cave here. You can also be quite reasonable and engaging in your opinions and points of view, I've seen that too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.