JRiver Media Center - Convert on Sync?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Time Is On My Side, Apr 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I use zones. The first time you set up two zones it is confusing. After that it makes sense.

2. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Why didn't you dump it and switch to something else if it was such a bother?

3. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I use zones a little differently. I set up audio profiles for all of my different headphones, so if I was listening with my HD600s, I would use that zone. I must have about 20 different zones based on all of the headphones I've owned (I only own 4 now). This for me is why JRiver will be my only media handler from now on. If I ever get the itch to own the DT990 250 ohm cans again, I have a zone all ready to go.

4. Ham Sandwich

I create a zone for each DAC. I can set different resampling options for each DAC. Set different DSD support options for each DAC.

5. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

I tried setting up Media Center 23 for Mac last night. Ugh. I couldn't even get it to hook up to my NAS. It may do a lot but it is a PITA.

6. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

Is your NAS Linux?

7. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

Can I ask......how many DACs are you talking about?

8. Ham Sandwich

Three primarily. Sometimes four.
    Schiit Gungnir Multibit
    Schiit Modi Multibit
    LH Labs Geek Pulse
    A soon to be gotten Schiit Eitr USB to SPDIF converter (it will get a zone)
    Plus whatever else I can get my hands on for trial
    Every DAC gets its own zone

billnunan likes this.
  9. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

There are many features I like in J River, not all of them are obvious, linked to playing music, easy to configure or to discover. I like the zones which enable me to stream directly to different parts of the house or use different audio paths for different sources. What I really appreciate is the volume leveling and adaptive volume features that are able to alleviate the problem with the poor dynamic range present in many sources (the loudness war).

I never used the full potential of sound processing and room correction that J River offers. I understand that with REW, an SPL and some free time one can do awesome things without the need of an external sound processor/receiver, but I only use the volume and headphones options.

I used to be an FFDSHOW expert. I lost this expertise once I settled on J River to manage my movie and video library. For me J River is an all inclusive integrated solution for all my audio and video need and well worth the price to purchase licenses.

The current version is dabbling with home automation. I guess that it will enable at some stage a user to have the music roam after him when he change locations in the house but I don't really need it and personally I think that having a binding to OpenHab would accomplish all that and more with better integration to the rest of the house automation systems.

10. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

The NAS does run a version of Linux. JRiver is on my MAC.

11. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

You have to upgrade your license for linux.I agree,it can be difficult.It would be nice if there were some you tubes.

12. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

No I don't. I'm not running it off of the NAS only accessing the music stored on it.

13. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

14. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident Thread Starter

This thread can be closed. I figured out a way to do this through MusicBee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.