Just got a DVD+R drive. Neato!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Sckott, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Got myself a toy. A HP dvd200i drive, which does DVD+R. They're out with drives that do 4X speed, so a lot of the 2.4X drives are going cheaper now. (Got this one for $100 new, unopened)

I'm really having a lot of fun with it, and hope to be doing captures with it soon. I have to say, it does an AMAZING job backing up discs.

DVD+R seems to be compatible with most DVD players, and has worked with every player in the house. Another healthy performer from HP AFA burnable drives.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

That is an amazing price for a DVD+R drive. I still can't believe how affordable these are now. How much do blanks go for?

3. Cafe Jeff

Cafe Jeff New Member

That's a great price!
    May we ask where? Jeff

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

Blanks are going for about $3-5 a piece for a 4.7 gig space. I haven't tried capture yet.

I got the drive walking into Staples and looking through the clearence table in front. $109.50 for the drive, clearence. I work for Staples corporate, but this was just me walking into a store. No discounts or nothin. I can't believe no one else snagged it.

A few other drives at the store level just went rock-bottom. Cennyndines as well (sp) which are made by Pioneer.

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Damn good to hear, now if blanks would just go Lewinsky a bit.

6. petzi

petzi Forum Resident

Today I saw Verbatim DVD+R blanks for 2,49 Euros, that's less that 3 US $. I am about to buy a DVD+R burner, too. I will then convert and archive the films I shot on Mini-DV to DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.