Kate Bush Live Shows 2014-2015 *Spoiler* Thread (Second Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

2. BKarloff

BKarloff Forum Resident

I've always preferred this "alternative" version of Hounds Of Love to the original. Any thoughts?

bagofsoup likes this.
  3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

imarcq and Sammy Waslow like this.
  4. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

Awwww..... :) :love:

[​IMG]

theMess, Scope J, Dr.O'Boogie and 2 others like this.
  5. Chris DeVoe

By the way, Hola Unblocker, available for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Android and iOS as a plug-in, and for OSX and Windows as a stand-alone program (more involved - use the browser plug-ins unless they just don't work for you) does a very nice job of making your web browser appear to be coming from whatever country you wish. I just watched some BBC, Channel 4 and London Live programming from Chicago.

raphph, ippudo and marblesmike like this.
  6. oktapod

oktapod Forum Resident

Ah, the delightful Ms Bush. I'm proud to say that we were there (Friday 19th September) and it was as good as we'd hoped/dared it might be. One of the more memorable gigs I've been to....

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

Anyone in the US watching the show?

8. Chris DeVoe

Saw Kate accept her award from Ian McKellen. From the Evening Standard:

Kate Bush spoke publicly for the first time about returning to the stage after 35 years as Sir Ian McKellen presented her with a special editor’s award recognising the “great spectacle” of her show.

“It was just an incredible experience,” she said, crediting both the encouragement of her son, Bertie, and the enthusiasm of London audiences. “You hope that the audience will like what you’re doing, but my God - every night these people were there, driving us on. Thank you to everybody who came to the shows and made it feel like it was something special.”​

9. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

10. Chris DeVoe

Kate Bush receives Editor's Award from Evening Standard…:

11. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

Aerial and the Ninth Wave must have been incredible live.Two of my favorite sides of music.
    But does anyone know if she did "A Coral Room" at any of the shows?
    I know it wasn't a part of the performance pieces but were there any encores or different set lists for the other material?
    Man,I wish I made a show. She who must be obeyed wouldn't let me sell the house.

12. Chris DeVoe

No, the set list never changed. It was always:

Introduction
    1. "Lily"
    2. "Hounds of Love"
    3. "Joanni"
    4. "Top of the City"
    5. "Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)"
    6. "King of the Mountain"
    The Ninth Wave
    1. Video Interlude - And Dream of Sheep
    2. "Under Ice"
    3. "Waking the Witch"
    4. "Watching You Without Me"
    5. Little Light (Performed by backing vocalists)
    6. Jig of Life
    7. Hello Earth
    8. The Morning Fog
    A Sky of Honey
    1. Prelude
    2. Prologue
    3. An Architect's Dream
    4. The Painter's Link
    5. Sunset
    6. Aerial Tal
    7. Somewhere in Between
    8. Tawny Moon (performed by Albert McIntosh)
    9. Nocturn
    10. Aerial
    Encore
    1. Among Angels
    2. Cloudbusting
    According to a copy of a rehearsal set list that sold on eBay, A Coral Room was rehearsed, but never performed. There were other songs rehearsed with the band, but they had to be cut for time as well. It was a three hour concert - you had to make it start late enough that people who were working could get there, but end early enough that people could get home via the last train.

marblesmike likes this.
  13. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

According to David Rhodes the band also had worked on a version of Never Be Mine, and I think I had heard that the Big Sky was also rehearsed.

14. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

It's a shame the DVD will not be out for Xmas, or even a new and updated greatest hits/best of compilation.

red corner likes this.
  15. Chris DeVoe

Yeah, it's a bummer for that, but hopefully we'll see a theatrical presentation of it. I really need to see it on a huge screen.

16. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

Thanks for posting that. It's great to see her so energized and enthusiastic about "Before The Dawn", I think it left as much of an impression upon her as it did her audiences. Actually her speech was almost a replay of some of the song introductions at the shows; how many times did she say "Thank you so much?" in those concerts lol? Anyway, the sincerity just drips from her.

17. redmetalmoose

Thanks for the info Chris.

18. redmetalmoose

Maybe I should find that Pioneer LaserDisc Player I mothballed 20 years ago just to burn the ld of "The Whole Story" I bought on clearance sale back in early 90's to my hard drive.
    Now where did I put those discs.......

19. Chris DeVoe

marblesmike and Paul H like this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

From the Rhythm magazine interview:

[​IMG]

theMess, sunspot42, imarcq and 2 others like this.
  21. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

It's 3 months later and I still get emotional thinking about those shows. I've started to post and always stop - it was such a personal experience for me. Unforgettable, exceeded any possible expectations I had...words cannot describe how it impacted me. It went way beyond the "oh-my-god-that's really Kate Bush singing a few feet in front of me!!!!!" giddiness to truly being moved. I thought it was only me until I looked around and saw people - grown, burly men, even - hugging and crying.

My wife was never a big Kate fan and now speaks of her with reverence. I thank the universe for allowing me to see these shows.

Kate is beyond special. A true talent. Such a genuine human. She is right - the audience was spectacular - the grand chorus of everyone singing at the end of Cloudbusting was a magical concert moment.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a lovely 5.1 (or 7.1!) DTS Blu-ray with some behind the scenes footage. I will watch that over & over.

22. Chris DeVoe

We wound up sitting in the 6th row on September 2nd, maybe 30 feet from Kate on the stage. Her smile looking at the crowd when she came out on stage was glorious.

Given that the mix in the venue had speakers on the ceiling, I'm hoping for an Atmos theatrical presentation. We were only able to see it the once, and I wish we had been able to see it again closer to the center of the venue and experience the full surround experience.

SuntoryTime and sunspot42 like this.
  23. mcd4959

I was there that night too - also in the 6th row, right side of the stage. Sounds like we could've been sitting right next to each other.

I also went the next night and sat in the center, but pretty far back. It was different, and I actually preferred being closer, even if we were off to the side. Plus we got to see Kate walk right by us when she came back out for The Morning Fog. That was pretty cool.

SuntoryTime likes this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

Our friend Andrew was sitting right on the aisle, then my wife Vickie, me and our friend Ricardo. Were you at The Swan before the show?

[​IMG]

25. mcd4959

No, I never made it to The Swan, unfortunately. Looks like you had a good time! :cool:

We were seats 42 & 43, Row K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.