Kate Bush - Live shows 2014! (continued)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Watching/listening to this makes me melt.

tin ears likes this.
  2. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Why can't people just respect peoples wishes? She made it quite clear that she didn't want this stuff recorded/photographed but this person thinks this is what I want so f**k her and what's more I'll screw her too by posting it on the internet!

3. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Get off my lawn!

tin ears likes this.
  4. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Yes I'm old fashioned. The internet seems to stamp on peoples rights and privacy. Apparently it's our right to do so because everything has to be free or else it's taking away our freedom of speech and our rights etc. Well at least on one level it is highly successful as it seems to be completely moral free!

I digress, sorry!

Back to Kate Bush.....

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

She never banished cameras from the venue(as other performers have done). She asked that those present experience the event in person and not through a view finder. The video is the 2nd last song, plus I'm sure audio will hit torrent sites in the next day or two.

Are you really naïve to think fans not attending these shows will be happy with 8 photos given to the press and a handful of fan print reviews?

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Those videos should be in the "spoilers" thread anyway, correct?

7. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

And so the shows begin...
    Argh! Wanted no spoilers before Kate Bush at the end of September... Wake up this morning to a news feed littered with them! Setlists, videos, reviews! Facebook, stop it! *must not click on anything...*

I haven't read any of the posts on this page while posting this one... Guys, may have to bugger off entirely until the 20th September!

imarcq likes this.
  8. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

I know this is near impossible but if anyone has two spare tickets my wife and I (both big Kate fans) would love to attend but were unable to buy online.
    Cheers
    Jim

9. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

That is precisely the attitude I'm commenting on! I'm not that naive but does a fan who didn't attend a show or buy any related product have a god given "right" to see this stuff even when the artist has asked for this not to happen?

We could wait and buy the DVD, but why do that when you can torrent it for free?

Either way, if an artist has asked for this not to happen then it's disrespectful to do it.

10. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Yeah, the Shlubs are ENTITLED to Happiness at someone else's expense.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  11. tin ears

tin ears Forum Resident

There are people out there who have been lifelong fans that, despite wishing otherwise, for one reason or another (i.e. illness or disability) are not able to attend any of these shows. I for one am very grateful for the Among Angels clip, it will tide me over until I can purchase a DVD or Blu-ray of the event. Please believe me, there is little in the world that I would like more than to be able to experience this event in person, it's not as if I couldn't afford it and has nothing to do with feeling entitled at all, thanks.

Stuart S, ippudo and jsayers like this.
  12. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

I think it's been pulled.

13. oh1

oh1 Forum Resident

Pretty much convinced that if the show is going to be filmed it will be over the final two nights rather than mid run. Move the cameras in after the final weekend shows and then have two filmed nights to select from. This will be a bit of a nightmare within the audience some will remain respectful thinking along the lines of "i'll wait until a properly produced DVD is released" Others thinking it's now become a free for all and out come the iphones held above head height creating light pollution within a carefully staged show. I am attending the final night of the run which i believe will quite likely be her last ever stage appearance . Just have to suck it up, might get Peter Gabriel performing that night as compensation!

14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I'm not reading what's gone before! But the show is exactly what I predicted a few pages back. I'm now in London and saw the late news coverage last night. Everyone was saying it was amazing! My friend, who was at last nights opening said the same thing. He said he'd never seen anything quite like it and I was in for a treat. So I'm not reading any of the news reports or reviews so that I don't get all the details.....I'm due up next Friday 5th September! If anybody wants to know what I know, with only sparse details like me, it's.....

Ninth Wave/Sky of Honey/Selection of other songs = over 3 hours worth!
    Lots of theatrics including a Helicopter rescue.....

I won't be here much now as trying to avoid knowing exactly what's played.......can't wait now!

Frightwig likes this.
  15. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I was there last night - here are some photos from the back (with no flash so she wasn't disturbed / aware) was an emotional / amazing evening - I'm going twice more end of september (or not - deciding if I still want the tickets)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/raph_ph/ej6X3C/

16. Wow! She's put on some weight hasn't she?

17. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Damn, you mean to say that, she can cook as well!

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  18. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

It's a shame that some people can't get their heads around the fact that she looks like a normal human being...

19. If you're referring to my post, then I apologize. I didn't mean it to come across that way. I hadn't seen a pic of Kate in a long time and was only commenting on that.

ippudo and jsayers like this.
  20. Toby Benjamin

Toby Benjamin Forum Resident

Have a look at Gumtree. I checked yesterday and there are plenty on there.

21. MadFloyd

MadFloyd Forum Resident

You're not alone. I was pretty shocked myself. Almost thought I was looking at Ann Wilson for a second.

Not that I'm being judgmental. I'm 52 and the past couple years have seen a change in my metabolism - I could lose 20 pounds myself!

ippudo, jsayers and Johnny Vinyl like this.
  22. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I can see that if you haven't seen a pic of her in a long time it would be quite a surprise/disappointment. She was at some awards show a few years back and the thread about it here got quite heated discussing her weight gain.
    Just a suggestion, but maybe she's self-conscious of it and it was one of the reasons she didn't want cameras at the gigs? I only say that because a few years back I was 30 lbs. heavier and I HATED my picture being taken and I hated looking at them. :shrug:

23. I know I'm self-conscious about my weight. I'm 61 and don't like having a pic taken of me anymore. Kinda sad really as true beauty comes from within.

jsayers likes this.
  24. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

looks just fine to me

25. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Thanks for the pics. If you have tix for 10/1 and decide not to attend, let me know as I'll be in London and am looking for a ticket. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.