Kate Bush Live Shows 2014 *Spoiler* Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Els opinions

Els opinions Forum Resident

Bertie sang remarkably well actually and acted pretty well too...but then he does have some spectacular genes lol

2. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

They are shooting the show tonight, and it looks like they are doing a very serious job of it.

[​IMG]

Is that an Alexa?

TSmithPage likes this.
  3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

First known time being filmed/taped doing a live performance of her own songs in 25 years?

I think since 1989 it's only been music videos and the single song Gilmour Meltdown(?) cameo in 2001.

4. APH

APH Forum Resident

I went to the show last night and saw the big camera as we left. We were in row f which was actually row 2 of the stalls. It was incredible.

5. ianhilluk

ianhilluk Forum Resident

I was in row F as well! Interestingly I didn't see any cameras on stage or cameramen moving about near the stage, which I've have seen at other concerts when they are filmed.
    I went to the second night and was in row P. The sound was definitely better in row P, in row F because there are no monitors on the stage you can only hear the music from the main speakers high above, however you can hear the drums very clearly from the stage. Still it was exciting to be so close.
    Kate and the band seem noticeably more relaxed now than on the second night, Kate seems more at home acknowledging and making reference to Bertie on stage. The only other minor differences were the slightly extended percussion solo to lead into King Of The Mountain and the door coming off its hinges during the 'Bertie watching TV' section of the Ninth Wave - she appeared in the doorway last night as opposed to suddenly being behind the door.
    I've got one more show on the penultimate night so it'll be interesting to see if anything else changes.

APH likes this.
  6. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

His voice is bad on Tawny Owl, so I guess I am bashing him. I don't think it's enough to say he's responsible for his mother getting back on stage, therefore he should be absolved from any criticism. If it's awful, it's awful. I didn't think much of his acting in the "house" scene either. He's only there because he's her son. He's not there on merit.

7. Markarrow

Markarrow Forum Resident

Back on July 18, 2012 Super Deluxe Edition posted the following information. Wonder if the info is still applicable. It may have been in the pipline for a long time.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/kate-bush-hits-release-with-dvd-rumoured-for-november.

There is also a thread for it on this site: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...le-story-cd-dvd-set-out-november-2012.291507/

News
    Kate Bush ‘hits’ release with DVD rumoured for November
    July 18, 2012 by Paul Sinclairtags: Kate Bush

[​IMG]Rumours abound that Kate Bush will release a 22-track expanded hits collection this November, possibly called Revisiting The Whole Story. The title is a reference to her one and only greatest hits compilation The Whole Story, a 12-track affair released in 1986 after her success with Hounds Of Love.

Release schedule website Pause&Play had the listing up for a short while yesterday, although it has since disappeared. They were detailing a 22-track two-CD release, and a special limited-edition version with a bonus DVD including 35 videos. A single was even mentioned – Running Up That Hill 2012.

Should these rumours prove to be factually correct, fans have much to be excited about. None of Kate’s videos have been released on DVD. The Whole Story video collection did get a brief expanded laser disc release in the early 1990s but a decent digital offering is long overdue.

Even more intriguing is Running Up That Hill 2012. This obviously suggests an update to the 1985 single that re-established Bush on the world stage as a unique and commercial talent. She is certainly not afraid to make changes to songs that are considered ‘classics’. On the original Whole Story collection she re-recorded the vocal to her debut single Wuthering Heights, effectively creating Wuthering Heights ’86, although it was not dubbed as such. One possibility is that Running Up That Hill was tackled as part of the Director’s Cut project from 2011, and has been held back for the purposes of promoting this hits collection. If that is the case we can expect a complete re-recording of drums and vocals and other instrumentation removing much of the ’80s’ production from the familiar studio version.

Kate has released 15 singles since The Whole Story, including her duet with Peter Gabriel (Don’t Give Up), the cover of Elton John’s Rocket Man and The Man I Love with Larry Adler. It is likely that most of the selections from the 1986 compilation would remain, but the running order will probably be resequenced across two CDs along with singles from her later albums.

If we do see this collection in November, Kate will have sealed her newly earned reputation as the busiest recluse in music, with three albums released in two years, following Director’s Cut and the acclaimed 50 Words For Snow from 2011.

theMess, One Louder and ConnieGuitar like this.
  8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

That would be great!

9. ianhilluk

ianhilluk Forum Resident

10. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

I bought the RSD 10". Thought the sound was a bit muggy.

11. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

I remember reading this. A 2 disc compilation containing all of her UK single releases would do fine. That would be a good way to round up all the strays like Rocket Man and The Man I Love. Maybe include a new song as well. A deluxe edition with a DVD of music videos would be even better.
    I doubt very much that Kate would choose a title as banal as Revisiting The Whole Story though.

12. APH

APH Forum Resident

The only camera I saw was the huge one set halfway back along the edge of the stalls. I wonder if the door coming off will mean they won't use that footage.
    Being close was incredible for the first section, and for the third, but not so good for the Ninth Wave. Felt a bit like being in the front row at the cinema, and a fish man stood right in front of us at one point.

13. Cloudbuster

Oh yeah, I saw the show last night. A mad dash to London and back but thoroughly worth the effort. I'm still on a high and have barely slept!
    And Dream Of Sheep caught me off guard and the tears started rolling but, hey, what's a guy to do when he's waited an eternity to see his favourite music artist. I'm guessing the door of the underwater room wasn't supposed to come off of its hinges but everything else seemed to run smoothly. The sound, staging and lighting were brilliant, a truly magnificent spectacle for the senses. The band were great and Kate solo with piano was equally great.
    Among Angels was just beautiful, you could hear a pin drop. Congratulations to everyone involved in putting the show together, you did yourselves proud.

14. blackholesun

blackholesun peace among worlds

Same here. That was an incredible moment.

supernaut and Cloudbuster like this.
  15. Dr.O'Boogie

Dr.O'Boogie Forum Resident

[QUOTE="Cloudbuster, post: 11080042, member:
    I doubt very much that Kate would choose a title as banal as Revisiting The Whole Story though.[/QUOTE]
    In all honesty I never thought of "The Whole Story" as a very inspired title to begin with so I'd be especially happy is she didn't 'revisit' it.

16. Cloudbuster

It really was. There was so much to absorb but it was that performance that was stuck in my head during the coach journey home. Truly haunting.

blackholesun likes this.
  17. Cloudbuster

We'll probably get something even more banal like The Best of Kate Bush. :)

18. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

This seems like an understandable piece of opportunism to me. Kate is hot right now. It would be foolish not to get something out in time for the lucrative Christmas market and any kind of recording of the live show is not going to be ready for that, given her exacting standards.

I never bought The Whole Story so I would get this, especially if videos were included.

tin ears likes this.
  19. Cloudbuster

20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Saturday is coming:) In preparation I gave my copy of "Aerial" several spins and found that I actually quite like it. Especially the "Sky Of Honey" sides.

21. Chris DeVoe

What is interesting about this choice of camera is that it is not what one would choose if the end product is just a DVD or BluRay. This looks far more like the goal is to produce something to be seen in a theater.

I can hardly wait for the DVD. My wife and I only saw the show once, and it had such a "dream like" quality that I'm having a hard time remembering it. Once we have the DVD or BluRay, we'll be able to watch it in our home theater and relive the experience.

longaway and Dr.O'Boogie like this.
  22. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

23. BKarloff

BKarloff Forum Resident

I am in exactly the same boat - went to see it last Friday but was so in awe of everything and so mesmerized that I too am having trouble remembering lots of the second half especially. I do know it was wonderful though :)

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  24. Chris DeVoe

Annie is a Kate fan. Here she is interviewed by Nina Blackwood after Annie won Best Female Artist at the 1986 BPI:

sunspot42 likes this.
  25. Chris DeVoe

One thing I can't really remember - did the wooden puppet start running around on it's own without the puppeteer at one point?

supernaut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.