Kick-Azz 2 (2013 sequel)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

So much to my surprise, they did manage to pull off the sequel to the outrageous 2010 comic book superhero movie (which caused a bit of controversy here and elsewhere, due to the R-rated violence and language).

Here is a NSFW R-rated trailer, which made me laugh out loud:

Roger Ebert absolutely detested the original film, but I think if you buy into the original concept and don't take it too seriously, it's actually a funny idea -- albeit way, way over-the-top. I'm looking forward to it.

And yes, that's Jim Carrey in a supporting role. This looks like it's gonna be a very, very strange film...

whiskerbiscuit likes this.
  2. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Really looking forward to this, I adored the first film.

3. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I loved the first one and I hope they don't go too much over the top with this one. But the trailer looks like fun.

4. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit Forum Resident

Ha! This is gonna be great! I don't know how I missed this, but Brad Pitt is/was one of the producers of both Kick Asss films. So, thanks to Brad and his production company. Maybe Angie will make a cameo..? And I was LOL-ing before I even realized the goofy new guy was Carrey. Looks like it comes out in August. Be there or be square! Sorry, Roger.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I really enjoyed the first...can't wait for the second! YES! thanks for the heads-up.

6. Michael

ov
    over the top is putting it mildly..I hope they go farther!:laugh:

7. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Love Is Understanding

I absolutely loved the first film. It looks like they've retained the spirit of the first film and ramped up the mayhem, humor and violence. A can't miss!

8. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Hell yeah! :evil:

9. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

My wife and I love Christopher Mints-Plaza so we will be sure to check this out.

10. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Just so you know, Marc, Universal has blocked a publicity vehicle for their own property the video.

11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ebert can be such a square sometimes. Hit-girl is awesome! Can't wait for this.

12. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I loved the first movie. Hope this one is just as much fun. It will be different now that Hit Girl is obviously much older. I do like McLovin's super hero name.

--Geoff

13. Rambler

Rambler Active Member

The first one was a bit disappointing to me, I expected it to be even more clever and audacious, but it was mostly Spy Kids with violence and profanity. Not that I didn't enjoy it, and it seems like Mintz-Plasse's character should be a blast in the sequel...

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Loved the first one !
    Critics...huh :D

15. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Best thing about Fright Night (remake).

16. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I didn't realize it was Jim Carrey either. Love the trailer and loved the first one.

17. dhoffa85

dhoffa85 Well-Known Member

the original was awesome!

18. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

The first one was fun and this one looks pretty good too. Chloe Grace Moretz was hilarious.

19. Meltdown

Meltdown Forum Resident

Does any one (maybe on the inside) know why they do this? Really stupid, no?

20. Vidiot

Damn! Will search for another copy... OK, can't embed it, but the link is here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/13/watch-the-kick-ass-2-red-band-trailer

I think they have a blanket rule that nobody can repost their copyrighted work without permission, even if it's just publicity. They only started copyrighting the trailers sometime in the 1980s -- before then they were public domain (except for the music).

21. emmoashdad

emmoashdad Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this. Huge fan of the first movie.

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The YouTube link works just fine here. My Wife and kid are both up for this one.

23. Michael

youtube link works fine here as well.

24. Michael

I recognized him, but not for a minute in...

25. Vidiot

Could be a U.S. thing. This won't be the first time certain YouTube videos would not play in overseas countries. No trailer for Kickass 2 yet up on Apple's trailer website, which is odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.