"Kids In The Hall" - whats your favorite skits?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by johnny33, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny33

johnny33 New Member Thread Starter

Kids in the Hall. While SNL was suckin' grapes this show saved the comedy skit genre. Although some of it is dated I still get a belly laugh out of a lot of it.

What are your favorite skits? Links if possible. Comments and memories as you see fit.

My favorite comedian in KITH is Kevin McDonald. Someone said he either looked drugged or completely lost when he would give that crazy eyed stare. Still cracks me up. Kevin and the maid... remember that? lol... way over the top.

Favorite skits:

The pizza skit. Where the businessman gets the piece of pizza stuck on his shirt and it gets bigger and bigger.

The " My Pen" skit.

I also liked the foreign taxi driver and his violent ridden conversations.

many others... Ill leave the other great ones to ya'll.

Here is the guys more recently trying to come up with skit ideas for the tour. wow they have aged :eek: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJur5i6zaw

2. filper

filper Forum Resident

"I'm squishing your head".

3. dreamwhip

dreamwhip New Member

The bass player, Buddy and the Queen, the beaver trappers, going through office buildings and trapping execs for the suits, a bunch more if I really thought about it.

4. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

The office trappers is great! The first Chicken Lady sketch is classic. So many more...

5. dreamwhip

dreamwhip New Member

Oh how could I forget this one. The one where the kid adopts the guy in the suit as a pet, then is consoled when he is given a pet lump of oatmeal.

6. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Always the first thing I think of when someone mentions "Kids in the Hall".

Jeff

7. I liked the Bauer and Bobby Terrance skits.
    I'm remembering one where Bruce McCulloch played an aggressive guy who would always challenge bigger guys to bar fights. Mark McKinney played his girlfriend who would get him into more trouble by egging on the other guys. Bruce would make a running start at the guy and each time get knocked out but would continue coming at them from even farther distances.
    I don't know what the sketch is called but that one made me laugh pretty hard.

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"MY PEN!!!!!! WHO STOLE MY PEN!!!"

9. johnny33

johnny33 New Member Thread Starter

Whats the one where the guy keeps going back into the bar trying to pick a fight with the big dude at the bar? He keeps coming back and gets a more severe beating each time. Eventally the big dude throws him over the building!lol.. I wish I could find it on You Tube.

10. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

--The Flying Pig.

--The Terrier Song.

--These Are The Daves I Know.

--The Headcrusher. Especially when he comes up against the Italian guy (Kevin McDonald) who screams "I'll pinch-a your face!"

--Never put salt in your eye... becomes Always put salt in your eye. With disastrous consequences.

edit: Oh, and Bruno Puntz-Jones and Francesca Fiore parodying every bad European art movie ever made.

11. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I totally forgot about that show, in the intro credits were they rowing a boat down a street? The sketch I remember is the blokes in the steam room and one of them had model like woman's breasts:laugh:

12. Christopher J

Christopher J Norme Con Ironie

"Doors Fan" is one of my faves, of course - it's where my sig comes from. "The gypsies had no homes; the Doors had no bass." "Citizen Kane" is probably my absolute favorite, though.

13. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

The Scott Thompson monologue always cracked me up, and, of course, I'm crushing your head. :laugh:

14. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

15. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Those are my favorites too, first ones that came to mind when I saw the thread.

I also like the 'Eeevil!' bit with Kevin and Dave.

Oh, and 'These are the Daves I know'. :D

I love that show!

dan c

16. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

One of my Wife's all time favourite shows, I'll ask her and post later

Great thread :thumbsup:

17. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Too many to mention....

-- "The Ham of Truth" ("He said the F word. Seven pounds, seven ounces, now he says the F word at the dinner table.")

-- "Daddy Drank" ("Goodnight, son, and remember -- I can murder you while you sleep.")

-- The one where Chicken Lady returns to her childhood home ("God have mercy on your soul!" "Yeah, you too, eh?")

-- The supposed "censored sketches" shown on their final episode ("Hitler blanks a donkey")

Plus recurring bits like Cabbagehead, "It's a Fact!", etc.

It was an acquired taste and the sketches were hit-or-miss, but when it was good, it was really good.

18. Green Tea

Green Tea Sweet Soulful Sounds

19. dreamwhip

dreamwhip New Member

This thread made me go look up a bunch on youtube. I really liked Bruce McColloch's characters, and Mark made a great woman. So did Dave. Kevin was really great with the body language and voices. Scott, no one plays a waiter as great as Scott.

20. runofthemill

runofthemill Forum Resident

That ham was so salty!

21. Some faves that haven't been mentioned:

"Gee - I wonder who owns the moon?"

"Stand in the New Style!"

The one where the stoner character played by Bruce McCulloch gets into a guitar duel with Satan

The one where Buddy Cole manages a lesbian softball team

22. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"I SELL SHOES!!!"
    "HA, HA, HA!!!! And you always SHAL!!"

"Thank you, SATAN!"

23. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

That's a great one. Probably deserves its own thread! :D

24. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

THis being the Hoffman forum, how could we forget the Holy Trinity of Rock? Guitar duel with the Devil himself!

Chicken Lady.
    "So you're paintin' a chair, huh?"
    Cabbage Head

"Like your some alien who's gonna take over the world, haha"
    "So you know!"
    "Not a clue, not a clue, oh @#$!!"

25. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

Ah, I forgot about Gavin.

"Now if my head were a piece of veal -- which I know it is not -- what could I get for it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.