King Arthur

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by FredCamp, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member Thread Starter

I went to see this turkey today for some unknown reason, and it sent me rushing home to my dvd of EXCALIBUR. Predictable action scenes, wooden acting (with the possible exception of Ray Winstone), and really horrible dialogue. For all the money they spent on special effects, you would think they could get a decent looking snow. In the scene where Arthur frees Guenivere from her prison, he steps outside into what looks like a lint storm. Honestly, it looked like a scene from NORMA RAE with all that fluffy stuff flying around. :hurl:

2. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

Y'know, I was curious about this one--but I believe my curiosity has been satisfied. I do wonder, though: did Lancelot get up on a table and hold up a sign that said "Union"?:D

3. RDK

RDK Active Member

Hoping to catch this this weekend. Thought the trailer looked pretty cool and I dig Arthurian legend. Creatively it's a mixed bag: don't generally care for anything Bruckheimer's involved with, but Fuqua did a good job with Training Day, Franzoni's (usually) an okay writer, and Miss Keira Knightly is mighty easy on the ol' peepers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.