"King of the Hill" Season 7 and 8 DVDs Out November 18th

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Planbee, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie Thread Starter

Finally...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/King-Hill-Seasons-7-and-8/20245

A hilarious slice of middle-class life in small-town America, "King of the Hill" has become one of the most beloved and long-running prime-time animated series in television history. Outrageously funny but remarkably truthful, the series follows the exploits of propane salesman Hank Hill (Mike Judge) as he reigns over a family of underachievers, a group of beer-guzzling friends, and the everyday challenges of life in Arlen, Texas.

Comprised of all 23 episodes from season seven (2002-2003), this three-disc collection features guest appearances by Jennifer Aniston, Jeff Garlin, Pamela Anderson, Michael Keaton, Bernie Mac, Janeane Garofalo, David Cross, and many more!

And another three-disc edition includes all 22 episodes of season eight, highlighted by guest appearances by Brad Pitt, Ben Stiller, Kelly Clarkson, Johnny Depp, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Adams, Danny Trejo, and many others!

Fox Home Entertainment released the first six seasons of the animated show between 2003 and 2006, but cut off the releases as sales fell lower and lower with each new DVD release. Over the years, however, fans desire to get the rest of the show's 13-season run on DVD has grown back up all over again, especially as show creator/star Mike Judge has gone on to other popular projects (such as the current HBO program Silicon Valley).

Now the DVD rights to this show has been licensed to Olive Films, who has scheduled a November 18th release for both King of the Hill - Complete 7th Season and also King of the Hill - Complete 8th Season. These titles are priced at $34.95 SRP each, for 529 minutes on the seventh season set and 493 minutes on the 8th season.

DiabloG, 905 and kouzie like this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

About damn time.

905 likes this.
  3. Vernoona

Vernoona Well-Known Member

great!!!! such an excellent show.

905 likes this.
  4. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

First the Adam West Batman box, then the new Sailor Moon dub, Rush's R40 set, and now these KOTH sets? This year's looking great for DVD releases IMO! KOTH is my favorite show of all time, so I'm definitely in. I highly doubt that there'd be any special features, since seasons 3-6 didn't have any and bonuses may not be on Olive Films' priority list. Here's hoping for the rest of the series (even if the later seasons aren't as top-notch as seasons 1-6)!

5. Planbee

I hate to bring this up, as I'm already suffering from music-replacement fatigue with WKRP, but I wonder if these two seasons had any music that will need to be dealt with?

6. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

Good for Durndle.

7. Planbee

I know there's been a lot of high-profile TV DVD releases lately, but don't forget about these...

8. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I almost forgot these sets came out today! The DVD's are definitely on my Holiday shopping list.

9. Planbee

FYI, seasons 9 and 10 were released on DVD this week.

rd1 and wayne66 like this.
  10. Planbee

11. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

driverdrummer likes this.
  12. Planbee

13. Planbee

driverdrummer likes this.
  14. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

If it's of any interest to anybody here, I seen "King of the Hill" Season 13 at Walmart last night: $24.96 for the set...

I didn't see any of the other seasons... A few months ago, they still had a few of the seasons of 1 thru 6 at low (decent) prices, but none of the seasons from season 7 thru 13... Now season 13 is in stock, but none of the others, at least as far as I could see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.