Kinks Deluxe editions 2011 (part 3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Oh, I have no idea. I was just assuming. They could throw on some BBC sessions as well.

2. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

Maybe (hopefully) they'll release better quality versions of the BBC(?) tracks of Money Go Round and Marathon (unreleased in any form) that were on the Songs For Aunty boot...

3. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Maybe they could just throw in all of "Percy" with "Lola vs. Powerman..."?

4. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

No. I personally would not want that. Percy should be it's own thing. It's a great album and should not be relegated as a second disc of "bonus" material. Plus it would be harder for me to decide to fork out money for a deluxe edition of material I already have. I'm sure there is stuff in the vaults we haven't heard. Perhaps there is a recording of a show from the Lola era that would be suitable instead. I would be happy with backing tracks if they exist or any alternate versions/mixes.

5. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

Russell said a while back (before the forum changed its look) that the idea of putting Percy on the second disc of a Lola Deluxe was brought up but he vetoed the idea. I agree with cwitt1980; Percy is already far too underrated and underexposed of a Kinks album to be buried as bonus content on a Lola package (with Lola coverart).

Besides, Russell also hinted that there could potentially be a Percy Deluxe down the road; the idea has not been ruled out, although I wouldn't hold your breath for it. He has also said that there are hopes to do Deluxe Editions of Live at Kelvin Hall and Everybody's in Show-Biz (the latter would be a dream release for me).

Hep Alien likes this.
  6. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

What could they do for a Deluxe Kelvin Hall?......do a mono/stereo mix disc (already done)?....maybe put out the tracks in unoverdubbed form?

I swear the remasters from the 90's have the crowd noise boosted compared to the old Reprise vinyl.......it's almost unlistenable.....but still one of my favorite live albums...worth it alone for the energy of the Milk Cow Blues medley...

7. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

A remix.

8. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Didn't Andrew Sandoval post on here ages ago that he had done some work on a Kelvin Hall deluxe, with mono, stereo and a remix? I'm sure I read that. Sorry if I'm making that up.

Regardless, it's excellent to get some news re: Lola and MH deluxe editions. I was beginning to wonder. The first lot of deluxe editions are brilliant, aside from the text errors, the leaving off of the odd b-side and placement of it on the next deluxe exition and a glitch or two. I think my favourite of all was he Dave Davies release.

Incidentally, I never figured out of the main tracklist of the Dave compilation comprised modern or original mixes. Any help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.