Kinks Vinyl Reissues Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marigoldilemma, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

Ha ha. If you can't even remember which Kinks records you own, then perhaps you don't actually need any more ;)

2. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

I also have a mono bootleg Village Green that does not sound bad... But i really would like an official to compare

3. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

I know but I am too lazy and to old to sell records on the internet, boxing them, go to the postoffice, deal with the questions about "I have not received my package yet. is this normal ? ", or "there's a little crease on one corner and you graded that record as NM-, I want a refund"... and so on, ...

4. Engineer X

Engineer X Forum Resident

Just do like most Ebay sellers....ignore the questions

0476pearljam and sgtmono like this.
  5. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Does he have an official Twitter or Facebook account? Anyone know?

6. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

7. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

He’s definitely on Facebook. I think Mazzy asked him there about Lola.
    I was just wondering here earlier if anyone here actually knows him and could inquire .

8. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Andrew used to be a forum member, IIRC. Lola is high on the list of head scratchers, why the album hasn't been reissued already on vinyl. It is coming up on an anniversary though too, right? 50 years? Maybe they're waiting a little longer.

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

2020? I hope not!

10. He’s too busy with on the road w Michael Nesmith at the moment.

I doubt I’ll get a reply. None of these folks comment on details of projects before they happen. Client confidentiality.

Hep Alien likes this.
  11. That’s only two years :tiphat:

12. puelche

puelche Forum Resident

Same here!

13. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

@Mazzy, can you also ask him when the he'll these mono reissues will come out individually? I want something else!

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  14. I wouldn't wait. They may come out individually but who knows when. And I'm sure Sandoval isn't allowed to share what he is working on. .

I don't want to sound snarky or high and mighty but the people who work on these things cannot really say what is coming up until the label or artist announces upcoming release. I'm also in an industry where we frequently have to sign NDAs (Non disclosure agreements) before we are assigned the project and cannot share any info to anyone. I assume our host @Steve Hoffman either signs some fort of contract or NDA before he starts a project. If not i would guess there is some sort of gentleman's agreement not to share here on the forums or anywhere else what maybe coming out until the client (label or artist) says he can do so. I'd love for him to comment or to explain this since these questions always come up.

I know folks want to know what's coming out and when, but it really isn't something we should expect from freelancers until the label is ready to share.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  15. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

Well, just received my 117€ box from amazon.it.

Hep Alien, Moray, polchik and 2 others like this.
  16. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Enjoy!

17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

My price in Tokyo is $171 for the box shipped to Japan. Having previously purchased the four mono/stereo colored vinyl Record Store Day sets (which cost me $40 each, if I'm not mistaken) from a few years ago, I'm a little weary of all the expense. I assume that the mono versions in the box of Something Else, Fact to Face, Arthur and Village Green are far superior to those Record Store Day versions, so I should pull the trigger, is that correct? I didn't think they sounded terrible, but the overall quality control of those Record Store Day sets is terrible - blurry covers and liner notes copied from the CD's, so they mention bonus tracks and such.

FJFP likes this.
  18. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

I have these as well, but have no regrets about getting the mono box. I see the RSD releases as my Stereo Mix references, and also as something pretty to look at - I'm always showing off that Village Green disc!

19. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

I just got the box in the mail from Amazon.com! All of the jackets have some degree of scuffing around the edges. Looks like it was caused by the jackets gently rubbing against each other in transit or maybe just from sitting in there pressed against each other. Has anyone else seen this? Are most of the boxes like this? It's not a huge deal to me, but if this is really out of the ordinary, I might consider exchanging.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  20. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Yep, not uncommon, particularly on the "Black Album" compilation. I'm sure that's why the Beatles and Stones mono boxes came with the albums in sleeves.

sgtmono likes this.
  21. sgtmono

sgtmono Seasoned Member

I just have to say this: The Kinks are one of my all time favorite bands, and their 60s output is some of my favorite music ever, which I've been listening to on CD for the last 20 years...

Three LPs into this box set, and it truly is like discovering the band all over again for the first time!

22. Denti

Denti Forum Resident

So there's some noise on my copy of Kontroversy. Anyone know how to contact the manufacturer for a single-disc replacement?

23. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

cwitt1980 likes this.
  24. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Hep Alien, Rekkerds and Paully like this.
  25. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

All jolly confusing and thank you for making it clearer. I have the mono vinyl box but prior to it being released I had purchased some of the recently released vinyl Kinks 1960s albums. Thanks to the information from SHF I purchased the first 4 Kevin Gray cut albums released in the USA (as a side note I find the KG bit in the deadwax unreadable could be anything to my eyes). Prior to that I had these 4 on EU made black vinyl. Being a bit bonkers I have a couple of these on red vinyl as well.