Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

I will definitely buy those.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  2. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

KISS future is secured.

LongPlay33 likes this.
  3. LongPlay33

LongPlay33 Well-Known Member

KISS will be there, for your kids and the kids of your kids.

tonyzz likes this.
  4. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Well I just sampled the ITunes version for HITS, and I'm not impressed. I think I'll just wait for an actual remaster CD. Playing the original CD now and it's fine for now. I'd be throwing money away on something that really doesn't sound all that much different than what I have.

Really wish they would have released this as a double LP....

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  5. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

It was a low res digital master originally so unfortunately an LP wouldn't improve the sound I'm afraid. The remastered CD won't sound any different from an EQ or dynamic standpoint from the MFIT either. Unless you have a really high end system the MFIT will sound almost identical to the new CD that will be coming out.

6. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

Hey I was on youtube a few nights ago...and had NO idea you were the guy that did the youtube videos...I knew you more as the Zeppelin Diament guy here...hahaha I'd seen your KISS clips about 10 months back@@!!

was cool...I hit your page and saw the avatar and I was like...."HEY I know that guy!!"

very cool.

7. SpinningInfinity

I'll never forget Mij getting nudged by some guy over at the KISSfaq for his Paul Ace avatar.

I am Ace fury over there

:)

mind blown?

;)

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Mij Retrac like this.
  8. Mij Retrac

That was probably here. I don't have an account over there. I did have somebody say something to me here.

9. SpinningInfinity

yeah I vaguely remember some silly comment...

well I support all things Mij Retrac!

:)

10. Vinyl Fan 1973

LOL, that's awesome, I hope you enjoyed them. It's hard to keep making new videos, when I spend most of my free time here! :laugh:

Mij Retrac likes this.
  11. Vinyl Fan 1973

It's such a bummer. I really like this album, and I'm just looking for a version that isn't, I'm not sure how to describe it.....washed out? I'm looking for more separation between the instruments, more definition I guess. I just dig the songs so much, but listening to them can be not so enjoyable.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  12. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

I got one of those copies! Sounds great to my ears - quiet and flat like the others in the series I have.

4stringking73 likes this.
  13. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

I was really hoping they would go the 45rpm route for at least some of the titles. Wouldn't that be awesome to have for, say, the debut through Love Gun?

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Mij Retrac like this.
  14. batman144144

batman144144 Nocturnal crime fighter/audio enthusiast.

I can settle for new CDs, but I also want to see some hi-res digital downloads.

My RARO should be here Tuesday...

Mij Retrac likes this.
  15. SpinningInfinity

I know the feeling. I have work interests that keep me super busy online...I wish I could spend all of my time talking about music...but I have to also work for my own internet glory.

But back to you....I always look for "long" videos online.....so your earlier videos with box sets and stuff were super cool....I am a member of the youtube vinyl community as well...but I think I only have 3 videos up...nothing major.

I wish there was a little more rumbling about the new LZ super deluxe sets here...but I am sure that coming.

;)

I just got Elder and also 2 copies of Ace on orange and red vinyl....(also the regular CD and deluxe version) unfortunately...the LPs came dinged so I am working on that...but I do like the album

GOD and my Elder was warped!!!!!!!

we've had a major heat wave here on the west coast...so it doesn't surprise me...but I called my local shop about it...I am probably going to just trade him credit...I really try and help this guy and the last thing he needs to do is eat $40 for a copy of the Elder that came warped....yes $40/ I can get it cheaper I know...but I will spend more and support a local small shop....I don't want a cash refund because quite frankly he can't afford it. I know he has a lot of used records and pays far less for those...so I can get a refund from the old stuff which hopefully he only paid a $1 or 2 for.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  16. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

RARO is incredible! Ranks with the best of these, IMO. :righton:

17. SpinningInfinity

I got the German release or soft SS version of RARO. Did the US presses come with a full size sticker ?

18. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

To me, and on my system, both of these sound great and were well worth the money.
    I am comparing an original U.S. COS CD and a Japan original cd of HITS.

COS was more spacious on the vinyl reissue, and HITS sounds brighter and more open, in comparison.

fuhrsy31 and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  19. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Yes, they did. :)

20. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

Well, as much as I wanted to buy Elder all the subpar reviews have me holding off on the vinyl (temporarily). To ease my pain I bought the MFIT Elder and it sounds incredible!

21. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Yep, RARO sounds awesome! Comes with that iconic sticker also.

22. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Yes.

Clanceman likes this.
  23. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Yeah, I think there's no hope for this one. Even if it were cut onto double vinyl instead of a single LP, the recordings themselves just don't seem to sound good. As someone else said, they're digital recordings done on the cheap, and the band has admitted that the songs are basically all just slightly-polished demos that were thrown together to form an album. That MFIT version is probably about as good as it'll ever get.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  24. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

My copy of The Elder has pops and noise throughout even after a couple runs through the Spin Clean. :(

25. Mij Retrac

That seems to be the general consensus here unfortunately. My RARO had a little of the same problem but was much more tolerable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.