KLH model RC-3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DJ JeAnnie, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ JeAnnie

DJ JeAnnie New Member Thread Starter

URL][/IMG] Hello I just stumbled upon a KLH Cambridge, ma research & development model RC-3 record changer

I did not find any information or any other photos concerning this turntable. Was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about it? What year it was made?

2. DJ JeAnnie

3. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

As I remember it is more or less a re-purposed Garrard 42 with some cosmetic changes. Made from 67 until 72 more or less.

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

I was not aware that KLH sold a standalone turntable. I usually see it bundled with a receiver and speakers.

[​IMG]

5. DJ JeAnnie

I bought the RC-3 at a local record store in downtown phoenix. The employee said the person who brought it in also brought the speakers but unfortunately someone bought it the day prior.

My RC-3 hooks right up to my DJM-600 mixer and Mackie monitors and works like new.

I am just curious if this was a possible prototype before KLH released the model 11.

Looking at my photo yOu can see how basic the model is, more basic than the model 11 without the knobs.

Just appears there is no legitmate info on it. But I'll keep searching! Thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.