Kong: Skull Island

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Is there a thread for this already? Forgive me if there is. I did a search and couldn't find one.

New trailer.

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apocalypse Now meets King Kong! :)

Rhapsody In Red likes this.
  3. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Looks very cool to me. I also can't wait for King Kong vs. Godzilla in 2020!

4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

A new Kong with 10 times the explosions. Yup, it's a modern day film all right.

barnaby likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

King King or Hulk ?
    One's green I suppose.:)

6. Is this why he'll lose the James Bond gig?

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Looks like it might be the movie I hope it would be. None of this King Kong ice skating in Central Park nonsense.

8. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

The Dragon fly with the helicopters was well done. Looks interesting. A 100 foot Kong? I guess if he's going up against Godzilla he has to be that big.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. The Hud

According to IMDB, Godzilla is 355 feet tall, so they will have to shrink him, or make Kong even bigger.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  10. Apple boxes. Like they use with Tom Cruise b:tiphat:

dewey02, Umbari, halfjapanese and 6 others like this.
  11. The Hud

That would be funny! I would pay to see that movie as well!

12. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I'm not all that ashamed to admit that I'm a big King Kong fan. Made a big impression on me as a kid. I didn't even hate the 77 (?) version (Jessica Lang was quite memorable for this 10 year old at the time). Anywho, sign me up. I'm in.

Jonboy, altaeria, Chip Z and 5 others like this.
  13. Lord Summerisle

I'd imagine Kong would be more mobile than Godzilla to make up the difference.

14. Lord Summerisle

I saw the 77 film before the original when I was a kid and I loved it. I really like the music in that movie as well. Haven't seen it in years though.

Carlox, Manimal, altaeria and 2 others like this.
  15. The Hud

Possibly, but I think with a 255 foot advantage, Kong wouldn't be much of a problem to him.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Am I the only person who thinks Tom Hiddleston is not really the "leading man" type? He looks kind of squirrelly to me.

Rhett, Galley, barnaby and 2 others like this.
  17. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

The title reminds me if this exchange on The Simpsons:

Carl: Hey, I hear we're going to Ape Island.

Lenny: Yeah, to capture a giant ape. I wish we were going to Candy Apple Island.

Charlie: Candy Apple Island? What do they got there?

Carl: Apes, but they're not so big.

--Geoff

18. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Looks like it's set in modern times. How hard can it be for the military to kill an animal? Living things however big they are are easy to kill. People how done that for thousands of years

19. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

This is looking more and more better and better. If the director lives up to his own ideas, it'll be a blast. Key quote " We’re also fundamentally not playing the same game that Gareth Edwards’ Godzilla did and most monster movies do, which I’m sort of sick of the notion that a monster movie needs to wait an hour or 40 minutes until the creature shows up. Kong traditionally does not show up in these movies until very, very late, and the monster traditionally does not show up until very, very late in a monster movie, so a lot of these movies tend to have this structure that’s a bit of a slow burn. Something about this movie made me want to reject that and play a very, very different game."

'Kong: Skull Island' Unleashes Exclusive First Look at the Movie Monster »

Chip Z and Encuentro like this.
  20. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

It doesn't have the non talent known as Jack Black so that's a plus. But when it comes to Kong, the Cooper film with Robert Armstrong, Fay Wray and Bruce Cabot is still the champ. No need to accept cheap imitations

21. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

Indeed; monsters can be fashionably late too, especially when they are the stars. ;)

22. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

although imo Godzilla's nuclear breath would seem to be settle things rather quickly. Unless Kong has really, really bad monkey breath. I wonder if the bananas are also Kong sized on Skull island.

23. barnaby

barnaby Forum Resident

No you're not. :)

24. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

nice to see John Goodman again! he has no right to look that good for his age though!

Encuentro likes this.
  25. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

It looks like it's set in the seventies, possibly very late sixties, judging by the helicopters, uniforms and the weapons, M16A1s, 1911A1, both replaced in the eighties, so it may actually be set before the seventies one was made, definitely a Vietnam feel, even down to those rocky islands they fly over, looks like it should be enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.