Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Are you connected with an HDMI cable, I had a stereo only problem with Pink Floyd DSOTM Blu-ray when I was using a fibre optic cable, swapped it for HDMI and bingo full on 5.1 surround sound.

2. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Cool. Enjoy the awesome surround mix.

3. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

I tried and failed to see Kraftwerk two times in my life. Once in LA in the early 90s when they were supposed to tour with Electronic but that was cancelled. Then I was sick when they were in town for the 3D tour and I wasted a $50 ticket. So, I was very happy to see the release of this box set.

I'm not a huge fan of 3D in general but it really makes for an interesting experience with this set. Computer Love in 3D and surround sound is pretty freaking amazing and almost worth the admission price alone for me.

So far I've only watched a small portion of one of the Concert discs. Is the Film set basically the same as the Concert set but with just the projections and no band? Same audio on both sets I assume?

4. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Same audio both sets with visuals only second set.

jamesc likes this.
  5. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

I'm not sure if anyone has bothered passing on the information, or asking for a correction.

At this point, probably not.

later

6. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Saw them at Royal Albert Hall last night - was brilliant. Particularly the setlist.

I'll post pictures of the night in a few days - am off to Glastonbury now!!

When I get back I'll be buying the 3D set

Togo, Sevoflurane, Michael D and 2 others like this.
  7. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I am not a fan, but got the small set blu-ray /dvd just to experience highly praised surround mix. It is truly fantastic, and for the first time I got naturally decoded 7.1 sound.

wolfram likes this.
  8. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I got the sampler, too. I watched it last weekend. At first, I was a little alarmed, because the 3D wasn't working properly. I could see both images, but they weren't joined. I put in Dial M for Murder - worked fine. Then, I put in Kraftwerk again - and it also worked fine. I had recently taken my AVR to the shop, and due to unplugging/re-plugging all the components, I guess the handshake to the TV was interrupted.

Anyway, I loved the disc. The sound mix and performances are wonderful. The 3D adds a nice element. Some of the older videos have pixelation or other issues due to their older tech, but overall, I enjoyed it.

I seriously doubt I'd watch it very often, so I'm not going to spring for the big set, yet. I do miss Computer Love, though...

9. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

Does anyone know if Amazon (US) is selling the CD box of the German "Der Katalog" version?

I know they offer the English version, and I found the German version of the blu-ray set, but I can't find the CD box.

10. wolfram

11. wolfram

After having listened almost exclusively to Prince for close to two weeks, I took the time today to listen to the whole set in 5.1 again today. And it's still so great to have this. What a set! What a mix! I'm so glad I didn't shy away from spending big money on the Blu-ray box. It was totally worth it. And the "Radio-Aktivität" album is still the highlight for me.

peterzac and Togo like this.
  12. peterzac

peterzac Forum Resident

For those that have this, who did the surround mix for this release as most people say this is a amazing surround mix so really curious who is behind it.

Other question as still checking prices did anyone from Canada order this from outside Canada and how much was extra duty charges to get this into your hands.

peter

13. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

check your inbox :)

14. peterzac

peterzac Forum Resident

Thanks Dave for answer on extra duty for this, still interested in finding out who did the surround mix for this release if someone can reply.

15. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Get a room.

16. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Credits in the EU box set booklet:

Music programming / 3-D Audio Mix / Fritz Hilpert

Stereo Mastering / Henning Shmitz / Studio X.1

7 / The Mix / Headphone Surround 3D / Tom Ammermann / Luna Studio

3-D Audio Consulting / Dolby Atmos / Headphone surround 3D / Tom Ammermann / Luna Studio.

17. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

I ordered this from Amazon Germany. Didn't pay a dime extra. Pay the extra couple of Euros for second-tier shipping.

18. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

In case it wasn't mentioned before: German music mag "Musikexpress" offers an exclusive 7" single of "Die Roboter" with their August issue. The b-side has an "12345678" etching. Not available in any other way... and there's an interview with Ralf as well.

19. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

'Der Katalog' CD box deleted?

I tried ordering this at jpc.de but I got a message that it is 'vergriffen' (deleted). Could this have anything to do with the 'Radioactivity' disc being accidentally in English? Here's hoping it will return with the correct disc then...

20. Chimichurri

Chimichurri Forum Resident

I was one of the lucky few who saw that show. Sadly, a proportion of the audience were just mates or partners of someone who wanted to see it and were more interested in going to the bar or playing with a smartphone. The venue could have been sold out several times over with punters who actually wanted to see Kraftwerk – they sounded incredible and it would have been a wholly satisfying show if it weren't for the liggers.

21. wolfram

"Vergriffen" means out of stock.

22. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I'm surprised that you had that experience, the audience at the Phil is usually respectful, rarely any of that back and forth to the bar stuff. I was there recently to watch Jackson Browne (thanks {steve} Gasman1003) and I could count on one hand the number of mobile phones being held up..

23. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Right, but jpc return my money because it also says "keine Neuauflage" (not another pressing)...

24. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

A 3D room?

25. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.