Kraftwerk 3D - release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

The Robots is also on Tidal.

2. Dave 81828384

Pre-ordered the blu-ray from Amazon UK. :)

Shvartze Shabbos and Sevoflurane like this.
  3. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

ordered the 8 LP box set....

4. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

It's baffling - and I say this as a lifelong Kraftwerk fan - how many times Ralf and co let us pay for the same songs. That said, I will buy it no doubt, but the lack of new material is frustrating.
    Cover designs (TdF, Min-Max, Catalogue, now 3-D) are becoming a bit unimaginative.

Yost likes this.
  5. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

if you own the catalog, this is completely different, because these are live versions, and tend to have different mixes than
    the album version.

if you have maximum minimum then it is redundant, as most of the tracks are represented again, with slight differences.

if you want if for the video, having a 3d tv and bluray player would be the best way to watch it.

the cover designs are typical minimalist krafterk, so no surprises there.

there will be no new music anytime soon, they are not interested in that, and its diminishing returns, tour de france sountracks was one of their weakest albums,
    and i expect anything else will be subpar to that even.

later

Runicen likes this.
  6. It's Felix

this is an 8 LP set. MM was 4. I don't agree with the redundancy..

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  7. Dave 81828384

The Robots sounds quite different to me. I thought the whole concert was more down-tempo than Minimum-Maximum.

It's Felix likes this.
  8. Mr. Strong

Mr. Strong Active Member

It was only a few days ago when I was looking at fan recordings of some pretty amazing live concerts of Kraftwerk over the years. The renditions were really cool and I was thinking "I hope they release this some day"! And then I read this :) Kraftwerk / 3-D: The Catalogue box sets

QQQ and D.H. like this.
  9. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I wish they'd also put out a vinyl edition of the studio Der Katalog. I've had the cd's for years, but I'd love to have it on vinyl as well.

10. It's Felix

whats Der Katalog?

11. Dave 81828384

I'd like to know if there's going to be a German language version of this new release. I would buy that one over an English one.

12. crookedbill

crookedbill Forum Resident

Despite having read the whole thread, I'm still not exactly sure what this is. The title and album art are confusing because "The Catalogue" box was released eight years back with both a white cover and a black cover, and this new box is called "3-D The Catalogue" with same cover except in red.

Forget the video element for a moment, is the audio portion entirely previously unreleased "live recordings" or all the 2009 remastered albums plus previously unreleased "new live recordings"?

I only own the original albums as released on CD in the 90's, which sound terrible, and I've been meaning to get the 2009 remastered CD box "The Catalogue" but haven't managed to find a reasonably priced set online (either new, or used).

So, will this new box include remasters of all the original albums (2009 remasters, or newer)?

13. Dave 81828384

It's the German language version of The Catalogue .

14. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't really care about the English versions either. Though I wish they'd just put out a box with the various language versions added as bonustracks/discs. The French/Japanese versions of Taschenrechner, the French versions from Mensch-Maschine etc. Throw in the various 7" edits etc. as well.

QQQ likes this.
  15. Dave 81828384

Its the live versions recorded from 2012-2016. No studio tracks. At least thats my understanding.

D.H. likes this.
  16. Dave 81828384

That would be great!

17. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I think they are basically an oldies act at this point- probably have been since "Expo 2000"

SteveM likes this.
  18. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Blu Ray box ordered. Yes, I know I have The Catalogue on CD already, but if the 5.1 of Minimum-Maximum is any sort of baseline, this is going to sound wonderful. Haven't had much use out of the 3D glasses I got for my TV either, and the headphone mix will keep my Oppo PM3s in gainful employment, too.

Edit: Oldies? Yes, granted, but if I can buy multiple studio and live versions of Dark Side of The Moon and enjoy them I can do the same with the Kraftwerk catalogue. It's a shame Florian has left as he has always struck me as a leading candidate for coolest man alive, but if I can enjoy Floyd without Waters....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Dave 81828384 likes this.
  19. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Interested in the vinyl box. I need to see pictures of the packaging though.

azjvm05 likes this.
  20. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

No option for 3-D Der Katalog on Amazon UK, only 3-D The Catalogue pre-order (so far)

[​IMG]

Dave 81828384 and D.H. like this.
  21. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

well, for one thing, the 'album' versions live, don't have all the tracks anyways, so it's just picking some of them..
    most are pretty inconsequential, as the middle and latter albums have most of the tracks represented.

as for maximum minimum vs it, granted its a lot less tracks... but if you compare this to the 2lp versions,
    and the best of, then yes it is redundant.

later

22. Dave 81828384

I may end up double dipping, buying the 3-D Catalogue blu-ray and the 3-D Der Katalog cds. My wallet would really prefer a 3-D Der Katalog blu-ray.

Electric Sydney and Mbe like this.
  23. It's Felix

don't really understand your post, but never mind.

24. Dave 81828384

Neither did I.

calgary669 and It's Felix like this.
  25. It's Felix

Well they were 17 years younger then - so the are certainly a lot of older now. As are you and I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.