L E N N O N O L O G Y pre-orders begin Saturday July 25th, 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatles Bible

Beatles Bible Forum Resident

Hey Chip. If I want to order two copies for the UK is there any way to combine and reduce the postage costs? Or would it be $90 no matter what?

The ordering page doesn't seem to allow us to buy multiple copies so I'm guessing this isn't an option, but do please let me know.

2. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003 Thread Starter

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post! I don't want to open a can of worms and start a bunch of split shipments, but I believe the Global Priority Mail will permit me to mail multiple books at a discounted shipping rate. But wouldn't that wreak havoc with your import fees, or is that only in Canada? Anyway, if you would like to order multiple copies, contact me at [email protected] and I'll put together a quote.

That being said, we got off to an awesome start and now the folks manning the order desk have nothing to do. We've yet to reach the minimum threshold for printing the book. So if you plan to purchase a copy, we can sure use your support. There are two Tier A copies remaining and around 125 or so hardback copies remaining. So please visit www.lennonology.com and place your orders now. I'm sorry about the shameless plug, but I've been working on this one for 15 years and I'd really like to see it printed by October!

Chip Madinger

PS - If you have ordered and haven't registered at the forum, please make sure to check your inbox for instructions.

3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Find a way to make the price less prohibitive, Chip, and I'll certainly give you my support. Thing is, I only paid about £35 for a book that detailed the day to day lives of The Beatles so, irrespective of the quality of the research/authorship, this just isn't a project I can justify spending that amount of coin on.

4. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Seems the free-market is in healthy motion here! Not worth the price to you - Chip's dedication, the details.. that's fine! No purchase.

As long as sales are healthy, as they seem to be, we are happy to pay the price! And if not "happy", we feel it is worth it. You don't. Noted. No Lennon for you! :D

$100 min. for all this research? Not only was I happy to patronize, but happy I could get this for a friend with that much deep passion for the work of Lennon

Limited, dedicated appeal generally has higher costs. Sorry, I wouldn't steal Chip's work. So I feel what he is offering, after knowing how MUCH work this was and how detailed/accurate it will be... well worth it.

Some spend over $100 to see an old band play. That's cool! I choose and weigh value of seeing artist to price all the time.

Jeff

forthlin and lennonology like this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And I paid $3.50 (yep, only $3.50) for a book detailing Magic Alex's various inventions. I couldn't get enough of it.

I wish it was longer than 3 pages though ... ;)

6. Captain Groovy

If I divided the "exorbitantly priced" "Eight Arms To Hold You" book by how much time I've spent with it... reading, as a resource...

I think it's probably got one of the highest ROIs in my entire bookshelf!

Jeff

warewolf95, forthlin and lennonology like this.
  7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Wow, just from the two sample pages I can tell the time you spent on this must have been enormous.
    While I can't afford this just yet, I do hope some are still available when I can.

Paul H and lennonology like this.
  8. She is anyway

She is anyway Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks, man, you shouldn't have. :righton:

mrjinks and Captain Groovy like this.
  9. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Ok guys, I finally got the book a few days ago.

This is a mindblowing piece of work to me.

If it was only just about ONE of the four guys I would still say the same.

THIS is the be-all and end-all mountaintop to tackle if someone is ever going to make a book like this.

I thought I knew every miniscule bit of minutiae - nope. Learned more in one night reading this than in a whole year of math courses.

OP is my lord and savior. Thank you.

:)

Skywheel and forthlin like this.
  10. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Should've clarified my above post - I was referring to Eight Arms to Hold You

11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I thought you were referring to the Magic Alex Inventions book (see post #80 above) ... ;)

warewolf95 likes this.
  12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Eight Arms is a spectacular volume. Highly recommended if you can get your hands on it. Besides, it'll keep you busy until Strange Days Indeed is ready.

Paul H and warewolf95 like this.
  13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

HA! Do I get to say "told you so" now?
    :wiggle:

Glad you found a copy!

warewolf95 likes this.
  14. lennonology

Only one Tier A copy (#6) remains if anyone was on the fence about getting a hardbound copy of Eight Arms To Hold You. Tiers A.1 (#1) and A.9 (#9) plus plenty of Tier B hard back copies of LENNONOLOGY are still available at: www.lennonology.com

Chip Madinger

15. Captain Groovy

I get it - I didn't mean it as a "slam" - no, I can't (or won't) throw down for front row Stones... but I'll see The Zombies in Oct. at a reasonable price at a more intimate theatre I know.

Heck I love McCartney - my favorite all around artist, but haven't seen him live since '93 at Giant Stadium when I was 18! Why? Not into the hits, live fireworks "dog and pony" show... any arena thing, which, in terms of Paul's time, reach, and finances, makes most sense for him. I'd rather use "those funds" to get a Deluxe set of Tug of War and what comes next... that's just how I allocate... and I don't blame Paul one bit for not doing a "pub tour" for die-hards because... well, even if he charged very little, the demand would be insane and ticket prices would... well, you know.

I didn't mean at all to insult - not at all.. just saying if you were really into it the details of the book - and I must admit - I would have preferred a McCartneyology, or Eltonology, personally, there's always a way to "scrimp and save" (McCartney, 16 years old) if you wanted it... this one's just's too much for the value to you.

But the book, I think, will cost less after a few weeks in publication early Winter... I don't want to start rumors, but I thought I heard it will be a bit less than the $100 min.

Anyway, it's more than just that I value the book - I value the friendship I have with the first person I got it for. He would love this. His friendship is worth $100 to me. Or $99.95, but close enough. When I think of someone, I try to get it for them if it's so perfect for them... no matter the cost (actually, I just sent him a UK lenticular Satanic Majesty at the local record show for a pretty penny this Spring... maybe he's getting a little too much).

Anyway, off to write a swimming pool! :) I wish!

Jeff

Paul H likes this.
  16. lennonology

All right folks - I need two more pre-orders and I'll have the printer's deposit covered - I meet them in 45 minutes!!!

www.lennonology.com

Thanks -

Chip Madinger

bagofsoup and theMess like this.
  17. helter

helter Forum Resident

My hard cover copy was ordered on the 25th
    Can't wait ...
    Chip is a great researcher and his comments on this forum have always been spot on.
    Hope this sells out !

Captain Groovy and forthlin like this.
  18. bagofsoup

bagofsoup Forum Resident

Hope you got 'em!

Again - for anyone not familiar with Chip's work, his Eight Arms To Hold You is (in my opinion) one of the top 10 reference books on the Beatles ever written (and there have been thousands...and I've read a good chunk of them), and the BEST book on the solo Beatles by far. It is an absolute must-own for any huge fan of the band. I have no doubt that LENNONOLOGY will equal or surpass it.

For the record, I don't know Chip (outside of discovering his posts in this forum recently), but I have owned multiple copies of Eight Arms... for many years. So I'm speaking as a genuine fan.

lennonology likes this.
  19. lennonology

Big news - the book is being turned into the printer on September 1st, for our first proofing session. As a result, I'll need to close down the benefactor pre-orders on Wednesday August 26th. So if you'd like to support the book and see your name in print, please head over to www. lennonology.com and order yourself a copy.

Thanks again to all for your patience and support, it will be worth the wait!

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

20. lennonology

There were quite a few sales over the weekend and only 50 numbered hard cover copies of Strange Days Indeed remain. Only one hard cover copy of Eight Arms To Hold You remains. The cut off for benefactor pre-orders closes tomorrow, Wednesday, August 26th.

Thanks again for your support -

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

21. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Okay, just bit the bullet and ordered this! It's been one hell of a month with the Paul reissues and seeing McCartney live in October but I didn't want to miss out. "Eight Arms to Hold You" is one of my all-time favorite Beatle books and I've read it so much my binding is loose.

Can't wait to get my hands on this and start reading!

22. lennonology

For those of you who have been following the never-ending saga of LENNONOLOGY - it's done. I've been looking at the laser proofs and they're fantastic. One more day of proofing and it's out of my hands.

If you're on the fence about a hardback copy, I would not delay. If they aren't gone by the time the books are back from the printer, they won't last long.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

Natural E likes this.
  23. Natural E

Natural E Forum Resident

Just made my purchase through Paypal. Can hardly wait!

24. Will this have the same elements like reproductions of letters, tickets and handwritten lyrics etc, as some of the other 'scrapbooks' do? Like Bob Dylan, Elvis, Sinatra and Grateful Dead to name a few.

25. Is this the same book you have?

http://www.amazon.com/Eight-Arms-Ho...621/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441595214

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.