L E N N O N O L O G Y pre-orders begin Saturday July 25th, 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

:)

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    rstamberg, theMess and forthlin like this.
  3. theMess and mrjinks like this.
  4. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003 Thread Starter

Yes. In the first volume there are over three hundred images - photos, letters, historical documents, etc. Eventually I'll be posting more on the website and in the online forum.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

theMess, Chris M and rstamberg like this.
  5. Thanks Chip. Are there actual reproductions that are separate from the book that are removable from the book or are these aforementioned items you listed simply printed and included within the pages of the book?

6. lennonology

Although memorabilia is reproduced in the book, they are not removable items like the Dylan/Hendrix/Lennon... series. They are just graphics in support of the text.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

7. lennonology

For those of you that have pre-ordered the book, the first three chapters are available for preview via the LENNONOLOGY forum.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

rstamberg and theMess like this.
  8. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Wow, thanks. :righton:

9. lennonology

For those of you who haven't seen the advance yet, here's a link to the first three chapters of Strange Days Indeed - A Scrapbook Of Madness (http://tinyurl.com/SDI-Advance)

It is strongly recommended that you view the pdf as a two page spread using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please keep in mind that the pdf has been compressed, and does not reflect the print quality of the finished book.

Hardback copies are going fast and may be ordered at www.lennonology.com

Enjoy!

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

10. lennonology

11. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Congrats Chip! Well done sir!:righton:

theMess likes this.
  12. kevinfree

kevinfree Senior Member

Any timeline yet on a Kindle/ebook version?

13. lennonology

I'm afraid I don't have any plans at this time to produce an electronic version of the book. While I still have some momentum, I'm going to concentrate my efforts on completing the subsequent volumes.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com
    SHIPPING NOW

forthlin, halfjapanese and theMess like this.
  14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Looking forward to start reading the first volume! It's the kind of book we will be talking about for years.

forthlin and theMess like this.
  15. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Given that Eight Arms To Hold You is one of my top ten Beatles books, this would normally have been an automatic purchase. Then I read the line "equal time given to Yoko". As deal breakers go, they don't come much bigger than that. ( I will concede it would be impossible to write a Lennon solo years book without reference to her - still though Chip, equal time?? )

sami and ted321 like this.
  16. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Got my book in the mail today. Thank you Chip! Can't wait to start reading. :righton:

17. lennonology

Terrific - enjoy!

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

18. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I wonder when will my copy be sent?

19. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Wow. Just wow.

905 and forthlin like this.
  20. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

If you don't tell Yoko's story, you miss out on part of John's story. Simple as that.

21. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Excuse my ignorance Chip, but does it take lot of work to put the finished book into Kindle format? I suppose e-books contribute significant revenues these days and so just wondering why that channel is being ignored.

22. somnar

somnar Senior Member

Huh. So you're not going to buy the book that you describe as an "automatic purchase" for you because there's stuff about Yoko Ono in it. And bitch about it to the author - a huge contributor to the cannon and generous contributor here - in a public forum.

Lost In The Flood and rstamberg like this.
  23. lennonology

Phil - Thanks for your kind words about Eight Arms. As for Strange Days Indeed - I think you would be pleasantly surprised at what you'd learn about John - and would come away with a greater understanding of the man, than you would have if Yoko's artistic endeavors were excluded. I hope you'll give it a try.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

theMess, rstamberg and anthontherun like this.
  24. lennonology

I have to admit that I haven't fully investigated the e-book format, for one simple reason - piracy.

I'm not trying to start a debate, but I think that everyone realizes the paradigm shift that digital distribution has imposed on the music industry, and in my case, the actions of some has ruined it for the others. Eight Arms To Hold You was scanned and illegally distributed by an Eastern European (who was foolish enough to leave his name in the metadata - making him very easy to find on Facebook) and I'm not inclined to make it easier for people (who are so inclined) to steal the new book.

A digital edition may still happen, but I want to sell out the merch table first. Rant over...

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

theMess, somnar, mrjinks and 4 others like this.
  25. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks Chip, I understand your concerns.

It's a shame that piracy puts constraints on your choices to distribute the work. I agree though, that the author needs to do all to protect the work and maximize your revenues from it. I still hope it will happen some day tho......the convenience of e-books is too much to ignore for many readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.