Largest family tree

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pick-me-up, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

Hawkwind has got to be another of the biggest family trees. Not even accounting for the fact that Ginger Baker played drums for them once...

That would even cross pollinate Hawkwind with the Beatles... through the Baker/Clapton/Harrison connection. I guess the Beatles even link to Motorhead...

Wow, somebody just read that and vomited.

Tony

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

I've mentioned CSNY in an above post, i'll just take buffalo springfield and stretch it out:

buffalo springfield
    CSN
    CSNY
    poco
    loggins and messina
    stills- young band
    manassas
    stills - solo
    young - solo
    messina - solo
    dewey palmer - solo
    loggins - solo
    furay - solo
    tim schmit - solo
    paul cotton - solo
    randy meisner - solo

that is a lot of music, and i probably missed some.

now take the byrds and the hollies and throw them in there and the possibilities are amazing.

just some food for thought,

renny

3. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

You can even relate Led Zeppelin, Seal, Faith Hill, Bowie, Cat Stevens... etc. to the list above. There's lots more, I just can't remember them right now.

4. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Then there's John Mayall's Bluesbreakers...

5. Jethro Tull.

In the middle two pages of the booklet in the first 3 CD Tull box set there is an excellent family tree drawn by the man himself, Peter Frame. It starts with The Blades, John Evans Band and works through from Jethro Tull #1 to Jethro Tull #13 in 1988. It also includes Bloodwyn Pig, a few Fairport Conventions up to version #17 in 1985, and U.K.

6. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Mike,
    Did George really say "Ruuber"?:confused:

7. :laugh: :o Thank you sir.

8. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Miles Davis Quintet et al. I cant remember who has played with him in his different bands but they all went on to have solo careers and Weather Report. Chic Corea, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderly, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Gil Evans, Maishivna Orcherstra, Joe Zawinul, John McLaughlin, Red Garland, Philly Joe Jones, Paul Chambers, Gerry Mulligan, Max Roach, Bill Evans, Charlie Parker, and the list goes on.

9. ascot

ascot Senior Member

Santana may not have branched off into new groups, but the group itself has an extensive family tree as documented in the Viva Santana liner notes. The booklet lists 34 different lineups that have toured or recorded under the group name. Plus there are a few side branches.

Yes, it's Carlos Santana and whoever else is with him, but I always thought "Santana" was marketed as a band and not just Carlos. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

10. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

How many guys played in Chicago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.