Late-night horror hosts

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Paradiddle, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

Back in the late 1950s in the Philadelphia area we had "Roland" (accent on the second syllable), the recently deceased John Zacherle, along with his "wife" My Dear, Ygor (his assistant who lived in the dungeon), and his Amoeba. He was fabulously popular with we grade school kids of my age, and we were really bummed out after he departed for NYC after a couple of years!

But we would always have his hit "Dinner With Drac" to console ourselves with......

GuildX700 likes this.
  2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

3. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Svengoolie.com

He's fun to watch and seems knowledgeable on the old horror movies so I do watch him, but not religiously.

I usually catch him once a month or so.

The vibe is basically comedy & I would prefer it much more to the side of dark/ horror and honestly his comedy like the rubber chickens wears real thin quickly. His mash up of the movie with a song is fun usually.

That being said I'm glad to see he's on and doing well bringing those old movies to light to this generation.

They are showing new ones of him too, so it's not just old repeats of him which is nice.

MikaelaArsenault and hellion like this.
  4. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Sir Graves Ghastly from Detroit. He was early Saturday afternoon, though.

[​IMG]

MikeInFla, GuildX700 and audiofool like this.
  5. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Ghoulardi in Cleveland. (Papa-Oo-Mow-Mow)

GuildX700 likes this.
  6. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Hey! I'm from Milwaukee too, and I grew up with Cadaverino all through the 60's
    and into the early 70's. I'm surprised you actually found a tape of him, since like
    you say there is nothing out there. (I would have liked it more if Jill Geisler had
    joined in on the streaking!).
    But Jack Dublon was sensational, and had a huge fan base. And his insults of the
    film were nothing compared to his insults of the fans when he read their fan mail
    on air. And some would send in elaborate gifts they made that he would throw in the
    trash on air after opening them.
    I too liked the older B&W episodes (maybe because I was younger), and really liked
    the music he used....crazy spooky surf rock recordings. It was sad when he passed away....

GuildX700 likes this.
  7. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Asmodeus
    KEMO Ch. 20 San Francisco
    [​IMG]

GuildX700 likes this.
  8. Damiano54

Damiano54 Senior Member

Nightmare Theater on Channel 11 in Fort Worth Texas. My remembrances are from the early to mid 60s

GuildX700 likes this.
  9. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

In southern California in the early '70s we had Larry "Seymour" Vincent hosting the worst in horror flicks on "Fright Night" on channel 9 -- and he was pretty funny too!

GuildX700 likes this.
  10. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Joey The Lemur likes this.
  11. Joey The Lemur

Joey The Lemur Forum Resident

Indeed.

12. putz

putz Forum Resident

Me and Zacherly at the Chiller Theater horror show in NJ a few years ago. Great guy. We talked about the recent passing of Pete Fornatele. He was sad that he had outlived most of his fellow WNEW DJs.

I have a DVD of Disc-O-Teen from 10-28-67. Every Mother's Son appeared and Zach asked them which one was Zappa.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.