Laurie Strode returns in "Halloween" (October 19, 2018)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

2. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

^
    It looks like the kitchen scene at 0:50 is a little wink to the sandwich scene at the beginning of Halloween II.

I hope this lives up to expectations. I've wanted another original Halloween film for years.

MikeInFla and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I hope this is a great movie but the Traailer makes it hard to tell although you do not want a Tralier to give away too much. The most anticipated movie for me since IT last year. It does look like as in the original Halloween, the Music is what will make is creepy, as if you take away the Music in the first Movie, it is not really that scary-IMO.

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I hope it's good. Not too sure based on trailers but hoping for the best.

5. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Man, I love these dman movies. All but the first two are pretty rubbish, but it doesn't dent my passion for them. Sometimes you just do. I'm all in.

6. MikaelaArsenault

I found some posters if anyone wants me to post those.

MikeInFla and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  7. TheSeldomSeenKid

I had bought the Poster to the Original Halloween, but still need to get around to having it framed. I only own a few Movie Posters, Goodfellas and a few others, but would like to get a Poster for 'The Prestige'.

8. MikaelaArsenault

Oh sorry. I'm talking about the posters for the upcoming Halloween movie.

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

Sure, post them on here so we can check them out.

MikeInFla and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

John Carpenter will need to convince the Bowling Green Philharmonic Orchestra to score this movie as well. :D

And as Carpenter said himself, “music, or the lack of it, can make you see better. I believe it.”

11. MikaelaArsenault

12. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I agree, I thought the same thing. When I saw the woman I said "Hey it's Mrs. Elrod!"

Hexwood likes this.
  13. MikeInFla

mdm08033, daca, Thwacko and 4 others like this.
  14. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting the link to the trailer. Little skeptical based on it, but hoping for the best.

I do have a couple of questions, how exactly does the mask age 40 years? And how and where does he acquire said aged mask exactly like he had 40 years ago? I guess John Carpenter will somehow work this arc into the story.

15. MikeInFla

Really no idea but I assumed it was just another mask. Or maybe they had it put away for a long time and over a period of 40 years it just wore out by people messing with it or dry rot. More than likely it is a different mask but in one of the trailers it does show one of the doctors taunt him with it.

16. MikeInFla

Here is the actual mask used in the first 2 films which is owned by a collector. You can see that it has not aged well:
    [​IMG]
    The owner of the mask, Mark Roberts, also explained how he came to possess the mask, which he's had in his collection since 2003. “I have been building and running haunts for the last 26 years. About 20 years ago I got in contact with an agent who represented Dick Warlock and asked about booking Dick for an appearance at my haunt,” Roberts shared.
    Warlock has a long history as a stuntman in a variety of horror movies and played Michael Myers in Halloween II. Given the short timeframe between the original movie and the sequel, Halloween II used the same exact mask from the first film.

“So I set up to have Dick at the haunt and his agent said he had the mask and costume from the movie and would wear it at the appearance," Roberts remembered. "When Dick came to the haunt, he was mad at his agent because he said he does not wear the costume for appearances. He did tell me that he still had the costume, boots, mask, butcher knife and scalpel and that he would sell it; he just didn’t bring them out for appearances.”
    "I’m not sure if it was after the first or second year but I called Dick up and we made a deal for me to purchase the mask, costume, boots, scalpel and knife," Roberts noted. "My wife and I went to Dick’s house and picked up the mask and costume. It really is amazing that Dick thought to keep that stuff and take care of it; when I went to pick it up, he had kept the mask stored in an Elvis Presley tin container.”

Given how famous the mask has become over the last 40 years, many collectors will be shocked to find out how it had been stored.

Trick Or Treat Studios has re-created the mask from the first 2 movies and it is the "official" Halloween mask. You can see it and buy it here and i have to say they did a fantastic job, much better than anything used in the sequels.

Michael Myers Halloween II Mask, Universal Studios 1981 Halloween II Latex Halloween Mask | TRICK or TREAT STUDIOS - Masks to Die For!

They offer a few different styles which look kind of lame but the "Halloween II Deluxe Mask" is spot on.

17. MikaelaArsenault

You're welcome.

Rick Sanchez likes this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

19. TheSeldomSeenKid

Michael Myers Surfs with a Long Board? Well a lot of Older People do use them.

daca and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. TheSeldomSeenKid

He looks like he lost his last fight.

DHamilton and MikeInFla like this.
  21. MikaelaArsenault

I guess so. But it looks like a door to me.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  22. TheSeldomSeenKid

Wow, that dude is scarier looking without the mask(at least in this one photo).

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

Must be like.a Rorschach Test and I saw a Surfboard in that Poater.

24. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

25. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

LOL... poor Nick Castle.

[​IMG]

When I think of John Carpenter's HALLOWEEN this is the lasting image I have. Those shadows and that shape at the top of the stairs with the knife in his hands. I swear I think it's one of the more underrated films of the 1970s and it's still very well known. But it's so well made for what it is, even with some of its flaws (which are few).

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.