Led Zeppelin 2014 Remasters - I-III CD Format

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rockclassics, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Also, if you have outer sleeves, you can protect the U.S. single discs just fine. I was also able to peel the sticker off the shrinkwrap and put it on the outer sleeve.

[​IMG]

2. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I use these inner plastic sleeves for the Neil Youngs, the Road Trip GDs, etc. I have the deluxe 2CD Zeps and these discs are not gonna fit into the slot. Pretty tight.

3. old school

old school Senior Member

I went for the unique Japanese packaging but the discs are made in Japan also. Which in my opinion are better quality. You get what you pay for. Besides I have the Deluxe Edition which comes with a Obi and a extra disc.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  4. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Also I pealed off the back, clear label with the tracks rather easily. I placed it on the inner, middle panel of the deluxe CDs. I always save the stickers if I can. OCD is such a tough burden.

5. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

6. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Just curious, are the Japan made discs of different appearance? Or do they have the standard green/orange Atlantic label face. I know you paid a lot more for these and its nice that you got Japan discs and superior packing.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks!

8. old school

old school Senior Member

Yes reb standard green/ orange.

9. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I know Japanese packaging is superior but do you think they sound better? My only comparison is the U.S. and Japan Beatles Capitol Albums Volumes 1 and 2 and they sound identical.

10. Because they are idiots with no clue that making a good product that has value to the consumer sells more. Just collect the money.

I am amazed that scratched discs from new is acceptable.

bobcat likes this.
  11. KeithH

12. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Have to say after listening to the remasters and then the Diaments! Don't think I'll be listening to the Diaments anymore but they have served me well for all these years.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  13. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Honestly, in the thousands of discs I've owned, many have arrived scratched because of the packaging. Yet none (and I do mean none) have ever skipped or had problems playing. So, as you don't get the packaging, I don't get the complaints.

tkl7 and Sandinista like this.
  14. KeithH

I doubt the Japanese Zeppelin discs have a different mastering. The appeal of the Japanese discs for me is the better packaging (inner protective sleeves). I may get them for that reason even though I already have the U.S. discs.

15. Other than an obi and protective inner sleeeve s how dor theJust curious
    :thumbsup: Given so many discs come these days without protection I always have a supply on hand of these great little inner sleeves. They are readily available from a number of places.

16. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

If the U.S. sleeves were "Original Album Classics" size, I would be ticked off as inner sleeves don't fit well in them. But I'm happy with these.

17. old school

old school Senior Member

No not to my knowledge. Just the chances of scratches and defects rarely happen.

18. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I agree, since they always come with inner sleeves.

old school likes this.
  19. Because I am not interested in buying used condition discs at new prices. And yes, I have gotten discs that skip from new due to scratches. The packaging is also non-functional. i.e. it will continue to scratch the discs unless you put them in a jewel case. I've gotten enough DVDs in idiotic packaging that one to two uses kills the disc without a jewel case.

Next time you buy a car or a TV, see if pre-scratched is acceptable to you. This was never an issue until the last few years.

bobcat and T-Bo like this.
  20. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I can tell you that as a huge jazz fan, I have seen more than my share of dysfunctional packaging -- some dating back as far as 25 years. I have always kept the discs in said packaging and have played them to this day without issue, in my car or not. Is my "luck" THAT good? I don't believe so. Perception is a funny thing.

21. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

My Led Zep III looked a little funny because it was in the same sleeve as the booklet, put played and ripped fine. I've gotten scratched CDs that came in jewel cases due to broken spines, but never had a problem with playing or ripping them.

Durable little critters, aren't they?

22. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Yes - better than the Diaments!

[Sorry, I just couldn't resist :D ]

BIG ED, tkl7 and ibanez_ax like this.
  23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

dysfunctional packaging:righton:

24. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

The worst was the Dark Side of the Moon immersion set - I think they redid the packaging after the initial run. My disks played fine and continued to play without problem. - I put them in Jewel cases, and I have no doubt they will last me many years.

25. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I nominate the Bill Evans "box-o-rust" and the Herbie Hancock cube as 2 of many.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.