Led Zeppelin 2014 remasters -- the complaints thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spice9, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spice9

spice9 Senior Member Thread Starter

This is for everyone who has nothing but bad stuff to say. Doesn't matter if you want to moan and groan about the sound, wave lengths, mastering techniques, loudness, bad packaging, late shipments, high prices, poor book binding, etc. Let it all loose here. This is for the CDs, vinyl, high-rez, etc. Everything. If members who are unhappy with whatever regarding the LZ remasters come here to cry, this thread could easily be the longest in forum history. Make it happen audiophiles!

2. stricee

stricee Forum Resident

lmaooooooooo

3. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

They contain no Beatles music.

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

They have no respect for women, aquatic life, or designer handbags. I won't give them another red cent for their stolen music.

5. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

They copied everyone....nothing original here.

6. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

No surround sound.

7. Terry

Terry Senior Member

My super deluxe box for s/t is beyond worn. In addition, the dd for 111 quit within thirty seconds, and the code is no longer recognized. Not happy.

8. Say

Say Forum Resident

If it weren't for 'Hey Hey' would you still buy the Coda reissue when it comes out?

Anywho, got the new single disc of Zep I , and Deluxe Editions of II and III. Will not be able to do some serious listening till I get home. But since they contain no Beatles music, I won't complain about how loud the 2009 White Album is.

theMess and SpinningInfinity like this.
  9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

They're not here yet.

10. jstger6969

jstger6969 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered all 3 Vinyl versions from Amazon. This is the email they sent me...
    Hello,

We're contacting you about order #111-9650049-0596203 for Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl). We recently learned about an unexpected delay from the supplier that may prevent us from delivering this item as soon as expected. We're very sorry about this.

While we're not able to make up for the late delivery, we'd like to offer you a $5 promotional certificate to compensate for this inconvenience. This amount has been automatically redeemed onto your account; you will not receive a claim code. You can use the certificate the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

We'll fulfill your order as inventory becomes available and make every effort to meet our original delivery promise. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account (www.amazon.com/youraccount) at no additional cost.

If your shipment arrives too late and you no longer need it, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund by going to our Online Returns Center (www.amazon.com/returns).

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

11. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

No surround sound, no physical release for hi-res (download only). Peak limiting not needed as well.

dobyblue, TSmithPage, rxcory and 2 others like this.
  12. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

No surround sound or Hi Rez digital disc

dobyblue, TSmithPage, tedhead and 5 others like this.
  13. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

A little disappointed with the quality of the live show on the S/T. A definite on-fire gig, but it's Dropout City on the recording.

But, it's probable that there weren't any better sources from 1969. Any of the other few I've ever heard from that year, minus the Denmark Radio, have been total crap, so the Paris show may have been the best thing Page could get his hands on.

the dark knight likes this.
  14. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I don't have the Diament CDs, so I can't share in everyone's unhappiness. :)

No HD screensavers is also a big missed opportunity. :)

15. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The April 27, 1969 San Francisco show would have been a good one to attempt to remix and release.

Probably the most blistering show they did that spring.

16. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I pre-ordered my deluxe vinyl copies from Amazon Canada on March 18.

The bad news: Yesterday, I noticed an ominous message on each of the listings for I, II and III - there was nothing about pre-ordering but that the items weren't available at this time. Bad mojo.

The good news: Today, the items are marked "in stock".

The bad news: They jacked up all the prices. The price for the 3 LP set of I is almost $20 more; II and III are $10 and $12 more.

The good news: They jacked up the prices and I pre-ordered back in March with the lower prices.

The bad news: The listings are displaying messages like "Only 6 copies left. Order soon" and my order hasn't shipped yet.

musicalbeds and SpinningInfinity like this.
  17. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I was hoping for a scarf and marbles.

18. Kingof punk1977

Kingof punk1977 Well-Known Member

My complaint is all these people complaining? complaint 1 The Diaments cds do not sound better & if you think they do I am willing to sell you my Led Zep 1,2 & 3 Diament cds for £500 each!! Complaint 2 Who said you had to buy them? If you were happy with yr existing cd then stick with what you got Complaint 3 Sorry if this sounds elitist but the truth is you are only going to appreciate the remasters if you have good equipment. Complaint 4 Very true Mothership was brick walled but these cd reissues sound fine & forget the bar graphs. Complaint 5 Not rich enough to have the Box Sets ? Seriously these new reissues are excellent and I'm glad it's blown all the Diament/Classic 200g/Ploydor Red Plum Merchants out of the water. Ha ha

19. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

When I first opened my LZ III cd I could at first only find the companion disc and not the main disc ..it took me about 5 minutes to find it ,I even thought it was hiding behind the wheel. My first thought was go the forum and bitch about it, then I thought since the packaging is nice I would take my 1994 atlantic cd and put it in lieu of the missing disc and much to my delight the back slit popped open ( I think somehow my paper was not cut and separated). Now I am going to listen to these jems from the days of my youth.

So its all good to me from now on ...unless the sound sucks I won't be posting in this thread again.

20. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

my only complaint is I don't have my grubby hands on them yet :D

21. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Music Direct hasn't shipped my Super Deluxe sets yet...my only complaint.

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  22. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

On second thought, I guess a rubber fish would be more appropriate.

23. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

Where's the marbles? I wanna be immersed.

oh, synthfreek beat me to it. dang it.

SpinningInfinity and Synthfreek like this.
  24. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'd like to complain about this post complaining about us complaining.

[​IMG]

25. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

:laughup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.