Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014 to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

I haven't owned IV in any form for years so my opinion is based on the rest of the 2014 remaster batch. The thing is I remember IV as sounding rather dull and muddy. I find the new version to be very detailed but also very bright and bass light. I would prefer it sounded the way I remember it to sound, which I realize isn't really fair as I may be wrong. The bottom line is that I think it's far behind the other four. It probably was in the first place.

2. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

The problems with the recording of IV are well documented. It should be of no surprise than any improvements here are insignificant compared to the other 4 albums released so far.

clgoss77 likes this.
  3. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

4. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

5. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  6. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

I agree

7. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

Nope, HOTH doesn't show as auto rip eligible but IV does. It was like pullin' hen's teeth to get the auto-rips for the last three.

8. TheMaestro335

TheMaestro335 Forum Resident

Wow,
    Just finished listening to House's. Unbelievable clarity has been added. Especially The Rain Song! My God are JPJ's keyboard string arrangments incredible. You can really here them shine on these remasters. I never noticed how well the stand up bass jives with the strings. Song remains the same has never sounded better. These Remasters really show you how amazing JPJ is on the bass! Really enjoyed this listen!

HotelYorba101, JeffMo and four sticks like this.
  9. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I just ordered LZ IV from deep discount for $98.95 with free shipping, for anyone who might be interested. Not sure how long they'll have it for that price. :righton:

10. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

I got both of them yesterday.

11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yeah, that should be interesting, perhaps something raw or jam-oriented like Jennings Farm Blues? I would, however, be surprised if they are new songs. What was more interesting is that he mentions the "two extra things" in conjunction with an "early mix of the album." That sounds very interesting - an alternate mix of the album. Not that it will be released in its entirety, but perhaps a couple of early mixes would be nice. It also looks like the Bombay recordings could surface on Coda.

12. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

When did you order the records? I ordered last week. They told me last time if they weren't auto-rip eligible when you order you dont get them.

13. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

Well, an initial quick listen to HOTH (single disc version) leaves me with one impression- top-heavy. It sounds to me like the high end has been significantly bumped up, even from the previous remaster. I see similar comments about IV- I bought & am happy with the first three 2014 remasters, but I may have to sit out of these next two....

rock76 likes this.
  14. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

I preordered as soon as they were announced, got my autorips yesterday as well.

15. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered them July 29th.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

As did I. I ordered as soon as they were up on Amazon. I got an email yesterday that contined a link for the downloads.

17. goat65cars

goat65cars Jerry A Great Dog We Miss You RIP 2002 To 2020

with what.which original pressing are you comparing it to! does it sound better than the monarch SD 7208 AT/GP pecko or the SD 19129 CRC AT/GP.
    can you tell me before I spend my money on this.
    the op doesn't even know what he's comparing it to

18. $9 each at Wal-mart (F.Y.I.)

19. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Forgive me if this is a redundant question.
    But does anybody know the release date for 'Physical Graffiti?
    the beave

20. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Spotify has 'The Real Story of Led Zeppelin's "IV"' up with new interviews with the band. It's on the front page.

21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Nobody knows for sure yet, but it will eventually be revealed.
    Probably Page knows it..must ask him whenever I see him next time. :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  22. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

We don't know yet -- the rumor I heard (here) was Spring 2015.

23. I mentioned last night that the super deluxe I purchesed from Amazon in the US has the inner sleeves on the CD's.

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

25. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.