Liam Gallagher suggests Oasis reunion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Madrid, Jul 20, 2018.

1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Noel must be last uk brilliant tunesmith.

2. alexpop

Soap opera ?
    Sure Noel liked the Kinks, album wise no Oasis, Village Green.

3. alexpop

TOP 3 OASIS albums ?

englishbob likes this.
  4. ilo2

ilo2 Well-Known Member

In Mojo a few months ago one of the brothers (Noel probably) said he'd put the band back together for £5.

The following month in the letters page one contributor said he'd give £10 for them to remain apart.

I'd like to up the offer to £20.

Hep Alien and e.s. like this.
  5. alexpop

Do a pub tour of Great Britain. :D

6. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

You're probably right but aren't you Swiss and therefore not really in much of a position to criticise any countries' contribution to popular culture?

7. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

Have you not seen the size of the gigs he's been done this Summer? They're no Beady Eye club gigs and 5th on the bill at festivals affairs.

8. Farthingscat

Farthingscat Forum Resident

I saw them live back in the day - they just got really angry about something and came across like a right couple of morons.... started threatening to come in the crowd and fight someone that had annoyed him.

Their first album was v. Good, the second v. Good again and after that they showed zero creativity, a few good songs per album but the same old stuff being churned out was disappointing - they simply didn’t have the creativity to do a Sergeant Pepper.

Shame really as they had the world at their feet for a short period.

That said if they did reform I’m sure they would sell tickets but I for one wuldnt bother!

9. The Hole Got Fixed

The Hole Got Fixed Owens, Poell, Saberi

They can open for The Kinks.

Hep Alien likes this.
  10. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Think it’s obvious Liam is desperate for it to happen and Noel has no interest at the moment but it will happen at some point.

Not sure why Liam is pushing it with his debut solo going platinum, maybe he feels it’s a good time for him. His second album is out in December if anyone is interested.

11. Jeffreylee

Jeffreylee Rock 'n' Roll Typist

When it comes to music there is no *need* to do anything. It's more about desire, passion, an excellent reason to get drunk in public -- whatever. Most of what humans do is based on want rather than need.

12. 12stringbassist

12stringbassist Location: Irrelevance.

Their split was always going to be temporary and their animosity is almost certainly largely staged.
    .. says one of the legion of people who honestly don't give two hoots about Oasis at all.

13. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

I saw them about 10 years ago and they were very good. Not many antics.
    I'd see them again if they toured.

Carl80 likes this.
  14. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

The choking article pretty much spells out why Liam is game for an Oasis reunion. He recently lost half of his fortune in his divorce. Plus, he has five children by different mothers (child support). Throw in debt and legal fees, management fees, and he's a guy that could use ten million quick dollars - hell, even five. The only way he can quickly rebuild his fortune is the same way he built it - through Oasis. And I think he genuinely misses the band and the power they wielded.

So it all hinges on what Noel thinks of this mess and whether he sees any value (besides $) in reforming the band at this given time.

15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Deleted thread crap and several responses to it. If you have not heard of a band, there is no reason (aside from trolling) to join a discussion about them to proclaim your ignorance. It has literally never been easier to find and listen to popular music than it is today.

16. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I’m not sure he is as poor as some people think, his pretty green stores are in most of the biggest cities in the UK , he also has stores in Europe and all over Japan now also , his range is also on board with Apple corps now to sell the Beatles range, past ranges included sgt pepper and yellow submarine and the white album range, all available on the Beatles website as well as pretty green, I’m sure an Oasis reunion would help him out nicely on top.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  17. clarkydaz

clarkydaz Forum Resident

yet here you are in the thread

905 likes this.
  18. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

I have a couple of their LPs but rarely play them which says a lot. I find Liam's voice a real drag in that it has no vocal range when he 'sings' and it is always the same style.

Shame really as I thought that had real potential in the early days but never seem to develop or go anywhere.

If they were to reform I am sure it would be a big crowd draw at least in the UK.

Richard

19. Madrid

Madrid Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think, as some others have said, that the biggest factor as to whether they would reform or not is if Noel could stand to spend any significant time in the company of Liam. The younger Gallagher is one of the great voices of the 90s and onwards but also one of the biggest buffoons, and I say that as a big fan of the band when they were around.

clarkydaz, Plexiclone and Gavaxeman like this.
  20. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Not sure they'd fill stadiums in the UK now, serious drop in quality after Be Here Now. I think they hung around at least two albums too long.

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Guarantee you it would sell out in minutes around the whole country (UK).

Liam’s solo tour sold out straight away last year when it was announced and that was just him on his own.

22. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Noel’s 50. He doesn’t need the drama or the cash.

23. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I'd wager that an Oasis live reunion is less than three years away. Probably a live show and tour, then a live album based off that, then a year later a brand new studio album, which will end up being Oasis' swan song.

2020 - live reunion at one-off show.
    2021 - Reunion tour + Festivals + live album/reunion documentary by end of the year.
    2022 - New Studio album late '22.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  24. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Welcome to the forum Noel

25. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Definitely Maybe - give them this, its a great album and recaptured the excitement of the first Stone Roses album at the time.

The rest? Dirge.

dobyblue and alexpop like this.