Listenin' to Classical Music and Conversation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bluemooze, Feb 22, 2017.

1. royzak2000

royzak2000 Forum Resident

In the right mood.

2. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Most of the group-stage games of the last few tournaments were extremely boring, so much so that I doubt I'll be watching any this time - and that's got nothing to do with the Netherlands not taking part, I hated the way they played in 2010 when they lost the final and 2014 when they reached the semis. The last really good Dutch World Cup team was in France 1998.

3. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Guitarist Stefano Grondona’s “Baroque Images” recording of his transcriptions of Froberger, Bach, and Scarlatti. Beautifully played and recorded— one of my favorites.

bluemooze likes this.
  4. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I'm retired so times aren't are problem.

bluemooze likes this.
  5. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Very true.

6. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I just checked the World Cup TV schedule. Some games are on at 5 and 7 AM my time, so some early listening might be curtailed.

Wugged likes this.
  7. royzak2000

I have been retired 12 years but can not come to term with time, it is the controller.

Wes H and bluemooze like this.
  8. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

With the Netherlands and Italy not in the World Cup, my interest level has gone down quite a few notches. To be honest, I could not care less if the US did not make it. The best player in the last US squad was the goalkeeper and I really was not that impressed with the rest of that team ... :hide:

9. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

The funny thing is that each day still has it's "feel". When I first retired, I woke up on a Sunday and thought "Ugh, tomorrow is Monday." But then I realized "Why should I care anymore?"

Saturday is still the coolest day of the week, it still "feels" like Saturday.

peter1, David*M, Thomas R and 2 others like this.
  10. coopmv

Weekday or weekend are not that different for the retirees except when I have to go to the grocery store. My rule is, never go to the grocery store on weekend ...

royzak2000 likes this.
  11. coopmv

There is no TGIF for retirees!

12. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Maybe not, but Friday still feels cooler than Thursday. Maybe each days feel will dissipate the longer I'm retired.

13. royzak2000

And everyone else is still partying on Friday into Saturday and Sunday, join them then don't bother getting up on Monday.

ibanez_ax likes this.
  14. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

For me each day still has its "feel" too, but the weird thing is that it's not always the "correct feel" - today it felt like Friday all day and there are more days like that...

15. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I haven't experienced that yet-maybe because I go the gym Monday-Friday and do different things there each day. Hard to say.

16. coopmv

I took my early retirement on 5/15/2012 so I have retired for 5 years already ...

17. royzak2000

Most of the time I have no idea what day it is, or month or even year.Had a security check from my bank today and had no idea when I last took money out of my account.
    These people seem to work on specifics, it's everything. One day they will say now I understand how nothing, yes nothing is special. Except how you feel at the time.

18. royzak2000

This is special.In fact at the moment nothing matters but this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM
  19. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

It feels as if I retired only a few years ago, yet I officially retired on June 1, 2007 at 60.

20. Wes H

Wes H Forum Resident

Always good to find common ground with mother-in-law... ;)

royzak2000 likes this.
  21. Wes H

Wes H Forum Resident

In the mood this afternoon for something light, so this Boccherini LP goes on the turntable. Nice!
    Three Quintets for Guitar, 2 Violins, Viola, and Cello. Narciso Yepes, guitar, with the Melos Quartet Stuttgart. DG 1970.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

CD 9. Elgar and Walton Cello Concertos. Yo-Yo Ma, Andre Previn/LSO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. coopmv

I was off by a year. My early retirement actually started on 5/15/2013 at 59 1/2.

24. coopmv

I paid for my one-year gym membership on 12/31 last year but have not been there since early February. I prefer taking long walk until it gets too hot or too cold, then I will hit the gym ...

25. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

My last day of work was March 31, 2014 at 58.5 years old.