Listening to 'The Jimi Hendrix Concerts' 2 LP set. Brought Tears

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Beave, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it! Thread Starter

Man, I got a new Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB TT this week and decided to dig out this Vinyl......
    I forgot what a great album this was! What a great live compilation. Just digging the snot out of it and then put the needle down on side 4...........'Hey Joe'..........Talk about getting emotional......teared me up and man, one of the things good vinyl does do is re connect you with the music. Great Pressing on the Brown Reprise label. But oh man, hitting the first few lines of HJ it just hit me how damn much I really miss Jimi and the Experience.

Unreal how time flies by SO fast.
    RIP Jimi/Noel/Mitch
    I Love You!

the beave

2. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I love hendrix too bro, I'm only 38 and he's one of my favs I have a lot of hendrix vinyl and I find myself moved to tears at times also.

3. Favre508

Favre508 Forum Resident

I love Hendrix also, he was such an amazing performer. I actually just listened to Axis yesterday.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. The Beave

It just hit me that we've lost the whole 'Experience'.
    God, it's so good to still have the music to listen to. Although I didn't expect to tear up-that was very cool, in a weird way......
    the beave

Sternodox likes this.
  5. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

Am really appreciating the BBC Sessions for the first time. They were enjoying themselves so much playing live in the studio and the performances are simply jaw dropping.

It's frustrating that no official or unofficial version is complete. Have had the Radio One CD for years, recently picked up the EH single CD version and then ordered the EH two CD version as well. Do I need the EH DVD?

My custom "complete version" assembly project is shaping up nicely, including patching the abbreviated alternate version of Hey Joe.

6. Favre508

Favre508 Forum Resident

I know what you mean. The Experience came out with three of the greatest albums of all time. They left one hell of a legacy.

7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I only have Concerts on cassette and haven't played that for years. Wonder if I would get same emotional experience you had? Probably not!

zebop likes this.
  8. marcfeld69

marcfeld69 Forum Resident

Can you put up the discogs link and/or a pic, because I want to be sure which one this is and which is the best version to get.

9. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Congrats on your new turntable as well! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Hendrix too. I didn't even know the whole band was gone :-(

10. The Beave

Who knows? This took me totally by surprise.
    But something about side four, when I put on Hey Joe, it just stopped me dead in my tracks.
    the beave

JeffMo likes this.
  11. The Beave

That's what I think hit me.
    Their all gone........................

the beave

12. The Beave

JeffMo likes this.
  13. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Why not? If you have a good deck, and the tapes are in good shape...

14. hello people

hello people Forum Resident

I have the CD version that came out some time in the early 90's

I must have listened to it a thousand times

15. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

There's not much Hendrix that isn't worth a listen. Endlessly fascinating, and when playing live, he took the material in a whole different direction.

16. marcfeld69

marcfeld69 Forum Resident

17. Paulo Alm

Paulo Alm Forum Resident

Love this album, might play it today! Jimi is sorely missed indeed, and always will be. There can be no other like him. Impossible!

Shak Cohen likes this.
  18. The Beave

There's also the vinyl on that listing for $17-Great price for a good condition out of print 2LP set.
    the beave

19. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Which one? The US Reprise cd or the Japanese Polydor?

20. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

My buddy in high school had an absolutely bangin' sound system in his car and sometimes he'd let me play good music through it. I played this CD once and it was crazy! Especially I Don't Live Today and Are You Experienced. I recall it sounding so solid and he had the amps so there was headroom like a concert. Thunderous bass. So yeah, I've also had an emotional experience with this album. I have a promo copy of this double LP and I'm going to spin it next.

dino77 and JeffMo like this.
  21. The Beave

Right On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Promo Copy......nice.

I think this one slipped through EH's fingers. They should have re released this LP, it's that good.
    Thank goodness you can still find excellent shaped copies on ebay for a measly $20-a deal indeed!
    the beave

dino77 likes this.
  22. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

That is a good one. Got it for Christmas 1990/10th grade on cassette. Popped it into my Walkman, enjoyed and ignored the relatives.

Very first CD I bought too...July 21, 1991, wrote the date of purchase inside underneath the disc holder side. Still have it. A true favorite. Must listen to every few months.

Anybody know if it's got the NN on it? Did pick up the Polydor a while ago; found a diamond in the rough, but haven't given it a side-by-side comparison...which I rarely do unless it's audible by comparing it to memory.

JeffMo and JimSpark like this.
  23. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

JeffMo likes this.
  24. hello people

hello people Forum Resident

Not too sure at the moment sorry...my CDs are back home in Australia.

25. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Just curious

hello people likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.