Living in the material world...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MartinGr, Sep 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

A friend of mine made me a CD/R of his vinyl copy, but I can't listen to it. It sounds warped, but I haven't had a chance to ask him if his copy was pressed off center. Was there ever a problem with this album? I assuming it is the US version. I don't remember it sounding that bad when I had my vinyl (I got it as soon as it came out).

thanks

2. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

I listened to it last night. There's no speed variation that makes it sound warped. Maybe your friend got a bad copy or his TT is not right. The first one I bought had such an extreme angle on the leading edge that it would throw the needle into the first song, my second copy plays great.

Has anyone heard for sure that this will be remastered? LITMW, Dark Horse, and Extra Texture were all on the Apple label not the Dark Horse label.

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

thanks, Guy. THe next time I speak to my buddy, I'll ask him to look at his copy.

4. analogmaniac

analogmaniac Senior Member

The US copy is mastered by Doug Sax of Mastering Lab. "TML" is on the run-out groove & on the credits. I thought it was pretty good sounding till I got a UK copy. Don't know why it should be so as it was also mastered by TML but it does - more natural acoustic guitars, better bass etc.

5. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

My UK CD was issued in 1991 , was no-noise being applied that far back ?
    John

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Supposedly, BTW, the master tape for "Deep Blue" has disappeared, thus it not being a candidate thus far for reissuing. A lovely George tune, I also wore out a copy of this 45, but since have been able to purchase another.

Evan

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Yes sir. Even further back than that. In 1988 the Lennon CD reissues of Mind Games, Walls & Bridges, Rock & Roll and Shaved Fish were all no-noised. :realmad:

8. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

David Bowie covers "Try Some Buy Some" on his new Cd coming out next week. It's a nice, respectful version that's pretty faithful to the original arrangement but I think I actually prefer Bowie's world-weary vocal to George's. The album itself is great...that's 3 fab records in a row for the Thin White Senior I mean Duke. :thumbsup:

9. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Where did you hear this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.