Longmire Season 3 Over?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Atmospheric, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident Thread Starter

WTF? 8 episodes is all we get?

2. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

No, I think there are two more episodes left. I think I saw a promo to that effect immediately after Monday's broadcast.

By the way, this a really good show. I stumbled across it on Netflix and have really enjoyed it. As many critics have argued, it was deserving of at least a few Emmy nominations this year, but was shut out.

3. Atmospheric

I have not seen any new episodes for two weeks now. I DVR it. Zilch nada.

4. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

There have only been 8 eps so far with 2 to go. Season 3 started on June 2. No weeks have been skipped thus far. Ep 9 on 7/28 and ep 10 on 8/4. If you've seen 8 eps this season AND you haven't seen any eps for two weeks now, you must be in a time-warp...

5. Atmospheric

The last episode I know I saw was the vacation gone awry deal with Walt dueling the white supremacist at the end. Cliff hanger. Was that episode 7 or 8? I can't tell from the episode information on the web site.

6. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

That was "Population 25" which was episode 7 this season.

Episode 8, "Harvest" first aired on July 21st. You can watch the full episode HERE on A&E's website, but it expires TODAY.

Two more episode remaining this season.

7. Atmospheric

It looks like what happened is that A&E quit simulcasting 10PM East Coast to the West Coast, instead reprogramming everything to be at the same time regardless of time zone. That appears to have confused my DVR. Harvest will record tomorrow at Noon, then the last two episodes at 10PM on Mondays.

8. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I think that this season has been a good one and hope it gets another one. The Walt on the TV show is a little too humorless compared to the Walt in the books though. Someone should tell Walt that it's OK to take of your coat when it gets warm outside.

Atmospheric likes this.
  9. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

He wore a short coat for the last episode. I am enjoying this program although the love interest with his deputy is a detraction IMO.

10. ssmith3046

In the later books they're already a couple. I've lived in New Mexico most of my 61 years but I have lived in the other rocky mountain states at some time including Wyoming for a few years. While in Wyoming I was a drilling fluids engineer and I traveled over the entire state. I enjoy seeing the NM scenery but that's exactly what it looks like to me. Too bad they couldn't film it around Buffalo or Sheridan in Wyoming but NM gives the tax breaks for filming here plus there are studios here. Overall though I enjoy the show and keep watching it.

alexpop likes this.
  11. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Any comments on the finale? They sure did wrap thing up w Henry neat and tidy. And a cliff hanger...I guess another season is coming?

12. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

I liked the finale. The wrap-up didn't feel too rushed and wasn't at all predictable.

The season-long plot line with Branch was a bit far out for my tastes. I like the show best when it focuses more on the characters and less on the crimes. It's a nicely paced, well-acted show in which all of the characters are believable and the talented cast members don't look like they were recruited from modeling agencies.

Hope this show sticks around, but I am getting really fed up with TV seasons that are a mere 10 episodes - sometimes less. Remember when a full TV season was 22 to 26 episodes?! I think "The Good Wife" is the only TV drama that attempts that now.

13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I hope we get another season, this was a good one.

14. ssmith3046

I agree.

15. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

and now it is cancelled ! very sad! :cussing: hope another company picks it up!

16. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I just found out that A & E cancelled Longmire. They probably need more time to show repeats of Storage Wars and Criminal Minds :mad:.

slovell and Atmospheric like this.
  17. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

This might be one time where it might get picked up by another network. There certainly is precedent although perhaps not in this day and age.

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Were the ratings good enough that anyone would want to pick it up?

19. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

What a bummer!!!!!!! That was the best western show on TV in a genre of few. A&E is the garbage channel for the intellectually challenged. I remember when it first started and it was a good channel but not any more.

Asses & Excess TV

RickH and LordThanos1969 like this.
  20. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

It was mentioned in an article about the cancellation that it was A&Es second most viewed show behind only DUCK DYNASTY. DD?

How low can Americans go?

21. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I read somewhere that A&E's motivation to cancel the show was greed. They did not receive as much for it as they do from their own contrived garbage like Duck Dynasty and the Brandi and Jarrod show.

22. ssmith3046

I was channel surfing last week and came across Brandi and Jarrod's show. Lasted five minute and was in utter disbelief that a show this bad could be on TV. What ***** gave the green light for the piece of schit.

23. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Seems to me this is a show that could get the theatrical treatment and look great on the big screen with all those Western landscapes. It deserves better than A & E!

24. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Atmospheric and Craig like this.
  25. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

slovell, kwadguy, RickH and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.