Longmire season 6, netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikeInFla, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida Thread Starter

Season 6 is here! Have to find time to watch it, I still haven't watched season 2 of Stranger Things yet. So many things to watch, so little time but looking forward to more Longmire. Curious to see how they wrap up the series.

jriems likes this.
  2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I'm looking forward to watching it as well!

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The most hyped final season I've ever seen in my life. Weeks in advance, God knows how much money was spent in publicity...for 10 hours of film.

It had better be the greatest final season of any show ever.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I have only made it to season 5 episode 2 so far, been busy watching movies. I may pickup all the seasons on BR, IMO the show is worth repeat viewings.

5. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I think the script writing is weak. Walt's behavior is pretty weird compared to how the series started. Vic gets to much screen time and Henry to little. It looks real cheap and digital, despite having great scenery.
    I think the series took a bad turn when netflix bought it

6. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I think this is typical of most series. Hard to sustain excellence.

7. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Walt driving the motorcycle and Ferg's girlfriends mom... wow, just terrible

8. Linus

Linus Senior Member

Yep, gotta say a disappointing end to, what was up til season six, a fantastic series.
    Won’t say anything further least I spoil the finale for others.

9. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Interesting, it was that hyped up over there? Wouldn't have noticed it was out from overseas.
    I would agree the series isn't quite what it was since it has been on Netflix. I think the strict time limit imposed on the series when it was on network TV made them be ruthless in the edit, it was very tight and well constructed, and every frame contributed to the story. I haven't felt that with the later series.
    I just finished episode 3 of season 6.

10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't do Netflix streaming so I'll watch this when the discs hit. I disagree to be honest. . . I've really liked the Netflix seasons, can't say anything about the final season yet. . . but I hope it's as good as the last few.

Left Field and Scope J like this.
  11. Myke

I'd wait until those discs come way down in price. :doh:

12. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Another perspective: I liked season six a heck of a lot better than season five, and I think they wrapped everything up pretty spiffily. I'm gonna miss the world of Longmire.

Scope J, MikeInFla and Lonson like this.
  13. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

in the lead up to this last season I kept reading articles online about them continuing this as tv movies was this just rubbish?

14. MikeInFla

I am on the last episode now and I have enjoyed it so far. But as with all last episodes they seem to tie up loose ends too fast. I am about 35 min in and just wanted to comment on one item (no spoiler) that I noticed. When Walt is driving and talking to Vick and Ferg he is talking into the back of the radio mic! Very odd that they would not catch this when he did it. His hand covers the mouth piece completely which would also make the button on the wrong side. Just an observation. First blatant error I have seen in a while.

15. Myke

I think they just wanted to get the Hell out of there so badly, that even if they did catch it, they didn't care.
    A good show that went South fast.

16. MikeInFla

I enjoyed Season 6. I'm gonna miss Walt and the gang.

fretter and Scope J like this.
  17. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Gonna miss this. But Season 6 seemed weak compared to other seasons.

18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Just started watching this on Netflix. Reminds me of Justified. Pretty great show so far.

Scope J likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.