Looking for a CD storage binder with room for inserts...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Rated-R-Ron, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rated-R-Ron

Rated-R-Ron Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a high quality binder/album/book type storage solution for CD's.

I'm looking for something that is durable and that will also house the booklet and back insert.

I think it sounds simple enough, yet I only found binders with room for only the CD, or maybe the CD with booklet, but no room for back insert.

I'm seriously running out of space and looking to move away from space consuming shelving units, drawers etc.

Is anyone aware of such product they can recommend?

2. Rated-R-Ron

Nobody? nothing? :-(

3. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

4. HiFiGuy528

HiFiGuy528 Formerly Dj_AmTraX

Looks great, but kinda pricey.

5. Clark Kauffman

Clark Kauffman Forum Resident

Tape Online is a great mail-order company -- first-class service and top-quality products -- and they sell 12-disc and 24-disc 2-ring binders in both black and white. They have crystal-clear overlays for inserting artwork and liner notes on the front, back and spine.

They're pretty inexpensive, too. It's $2.50 for a 12-disc binder that actually can hold up to 14 discs just fine. (The 24-disc binder holds 26 discs, too.) The "pages" (two-sided disc-sleeves) are sold separately.

These are ideal for multi-disc sets, or multi-disc collections of any kind, CD or DVD. I have at least a dozen of these binders in use -- both sizes, black and white -- that I use to store multi-disc radio documentaries, DVD collections of Beatles videos, CD-R copies of the Nat King Cole Bear Family boxes, etc. Once you have the artwork and liner notes in place, they look very finished, very professional.

Here's the 12-disc binder, in white:

http://www.tapeonline.com/products/bethel-plastics-cddvd-cases-1-inch-white-disc-binder

(Standard disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Tape Online. I just love their service and products.)

6. Clark Kauffman

Here are some pictures of the 12-disc and 24-disc binders from Tape Online:

Attached Files:

7. Rated-R-Ron

Thanks for the tapeonline recommendation, I will definitely look into these...

Question:

Do the sleeves they sell have pockets to house the booklets/inserts?
    I'm really looking for something that can house each CD + it's respective booklet and back insert...

8. strat95

strat95 Senior Member

9. Rated-R-Ron

Slappa's look really nice, but again, it looks there's only room for CD + booklet, but not the back insert.
    Are people actually trashing the back insert/ track listing when storing their CD's in binders/albums?

The search continues....

Attila the Professor likes this.
  10. Clark Kauffman

Ah, yes, I see now you want something that includes all the original CD artwork, as well. I haven't seen anything like that... The sleeves for these binders are for the discs only.

11. Binder man

Binder man New Member

I know its 2 years later but ...... http://www.compupack.co.uk/ are having a 25% off everything sale. They also offer free delivery in UK. They stock CD Binders and sleeves to insert your loose CD's.

12. bresna

bresna Senior Member

My wife and I are strongly considering downsizing. If we do, I don't think I'm going to have the space for my Can-Am 10 drawer unit or my wall rack. I was thinking about getting rid of my jewel cases by going to a storage binder but I can't seem to find one the allows for the storage of all of the artwork.

Anyone know of one?

I suppose I should add that a 10 drawer Can-Am unit hold almost 2700 CDs so cost is an issue.
    My Can-Am unit looks like this:
    [​IMG]

13. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Try jewelsleeves.com.
    I have used them and they are a great product, Will reduce the space needed by 1/3 to 1/4 depending on how thick the booklets are.

14. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

15. Turtlesaver

Turtlesaver New Member

Hey,
    Did you ever find a solution to this issue of disc + cover + back insert? I'm going crazy trying to find something. Are we the only two people looking for this?!

16. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Again I have most of my CDs in jewesleeves. Check them out...takes less than 1/3 the space and keeps all artwork.

17. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

post #242

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-else-dumping-their-jewel-cases.272053/page-10

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  18. Turtlesaver

Turtlesaver New Member

Thanks, nbakid, this is something I'll look into. Nice video, BTW

nbakid2000 likes this.
  19. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I have most of my 1500 CDs in these:http://www.gohands.com/cdprojects/Product.cfm?ProductID=108
    These will let you store the booklet with the CD, but you will have to leave the back tray card in storage with the jewelcase.

I don't use their Roladisc racks anymore, they don't work very well. I use these which you an buy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0019...SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=41VZljAQnWL&ref=plSrch

I store the CD bins both on top of my record cases as well as in a large shelving unit. This method might not work go everyone but it has for me for over 10 years.

In a Can Am unit you would likely increase the storage by 150-175% with the CD Projects sleeves.

20. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

Ok - it's been a while since anyone has brought this up - any new options??

21. westhamwhit

westhamwhit New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.