looking for info on albums by Ric (or Rick) Gordon, on Mercury (70's and/or 80's)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rooster_Ties, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rooster_Ties

Rooster_Ties Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't have as much to go on as I'd like -- but I'm looking for info about possibly as many as three albums by what I was told was called the "Ric Gordon Band" -- on Mercury Records, probably sometime in the 70's or maybe the 80's.

Supposedly "Ric Gordon", but I suppose it could have been "Rick". I do know the guy's name is Richard Gordon.

One of the albums might have been called "Just Can't Get Enough" (or something close to that).

Google isn't turning anything up for me that's even close.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? What can we dig up by and about this band? - and any of their releases??

Looking for images of album covers, if possible, or pics of the band. Sound samples too would be great. Anything at this point, since I've got nothing at the moment.

2. Rooster_Ties

Or is somebody just trying to pull my leg??

(One of those "A guy I work with said he used to play in a band" kind of things...)

3. Rooster_Ties

I have some time now (not at work, as I was before when started the thread), and will do some searching on this later tonight. But my hunch is that I'm being taken for a ride. Would like to be proven differently, though.

4. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I gotta figure if it exists, someone on this forum will know.

Check gemm.com and musicstack too; you certainly won't find everything there, but there certainly is a lot.

5. Rooster_Ties

Google is turning up nothing on this. I think I'm being fed a line, but want to be sure before I call the guy on it.

6. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

You'd think if that were the case, the guy would be smart enough to tell you they never released anything on a major label, that way it wouldn't be so easy to look up. :)

I remember an old teacher of mine telling me about a successful band he played in that recorded back in 1969. I can't think of the name of that band now, but when he mentioned it, I immediately thought back to seeing a record by that group in at least one record store.

"Hey, I've seen that album!" I exclaimed.

"Oh no, that was another band. No, we recorded, but it wasn't released," he responded.

Perhaps he was telling the truth, but it seemed quite obvious to me he didn't count on a '60s music fan such as myself to be in his class while he was telling the story of his past "fame".

7. Djclassicrock

Djclassicrock New Member

Yes this band did exist, since you are from Kansas City I would guess you are referring to Dennis Lindsay who played drums in this band in the mid to late 70s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.