Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

(I'm still hoping someone will get the comic book rights and write a more fitting final season - an alternate history, one that some viewers might prefer.)

Vidiot likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

LOST reboot stick in some zombies and watch the show come to life.

3. alexpop

Lost:
    I didn't watch it real time. Binged watched the box set 2011. How would you have liked the ending's closure?

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I suggest you try to find "Chronologically LOST", somewhere deep in the heart of the internet.

Vidiot and alexpop like this.
  5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The flash sideways could have been an alternate reality. Alternate realities could have what the island was really all about. Near the end of season 3, it was revealed that Oceanic 815 was found at the bottom of the ocean. That was later revealed to be a hoax. But what if Oceanic 815 really was discovered at the bottom of the ocean in an alternate reality? The island is some kind of nexus between parallel universes. Jacob is the gatekeeper, attempting to keep characters from crossing over into parallel universes.

alexpop likes this.
  6. That would have worked for me. We are re-watching it now. The ending was awful and the effects, etc. cheesy. It's not a bad idea mind you but the execution was left wanting.

Vidiot and Encuentro like this.
  7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I started watching my Blu-rays since I've never even opened them up to now. This is my third time watching the series. I'm about 2/3 of the way through season 1. A couple of things, the polar bear that had Walt cornered in the trees is some pretty awful CGI right there. Whoever did that polar bear went on to do the deer in the Walking Dead a season or two ago. I don't remember Charlie being this annoying. I don't know if he was miscast or it's just the way he's written. The imaginary peanut butter scene with Claire was nauseating. Still in my top 5 favorite TV shows, though.

alexpop likes this.
  8. alexpop

No probs with Charlie Pace myself.
    You All Everybody. :)

Sean Murdock and Scotian like this.
  9. At the time and for the money, it was the best they could do. Interestingly, the gal that plays Claire IS allergic to peanut butter. As far as Charlie goes, it's the way he's written. I don't find him annoying but that's me. I still hate the final episode.

10. alexpop

No probs with the cgi myself.
    Favorite season ?
    Has to be season two for me as I watched that first, then season one.

11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I liked all of them, including the last one. My favorite was maybe season 5. When they got into the time travel stuff, the loopier it got, the more I liked it.

12. alexpop

Ditto. :goodie: :D

Scotian likes this.
  13. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

Look back on it, was a bit let down seeing it live on TV at the time, but now, really not sure there was anything that would have really played out much better or made any more sense.

Lonson likes this.
  14. alexpop

I spoke to a dude who watched it religiously real time during his university years and would discuss it with friends after each episode, but was mighty dissapointed with the ending. I binged watch it in 2011 and the ending wasn't completely I think quite as bad, but I can see the point if someone following it for years being really dissapointed with the ending.

Vidiot likes this.
  15. Higlander

I think there were really only about 4-6 possible answers.
    The producers were smart to realize any one of those answers would have left most of the audience unhappy or feeling cheated.
    I felt they went the best way, in keeping things very vague, but mysterious, but still semi-answering stuff a bit.

Otherwise we are left with:
    Aliens
    Alternate dimension/universe/world
    A Huge Dream or story
    Fantasy overall with no real logic
    They are dead in purgatory

Beyond those, what did people expect to be the best "ending"?

16. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Am I the only one who thinks Dominic Monaghan would be a good choice for a John Peel bio-pic....if there ever was one?

17. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Watching this as it aired was a frustrating experience I found. A show a week for half a year didn't work nearly as well as watching an episode or two per night. It would take three days & 18 hours to binge watch Lost in its entirety. It's a rich, immersive experience that I find heavily influences my dreams at night while I'm watching it.

Lonson, alexpop and Higlander like this.
  18. alexpop

Dunno if there would be a appeal for a bio pic.

19. alexpop

What was viewing figures /ratings of Lost?

20. Higlander

I saw Lost not as a "Figure out the mystery" type show, but a "Go for a mysterious ride" type of show.

Encuentro, HGN2001 and Scotian like this.
  21. alexpop

Lost ? Like a Russian doll.

Vidiot likes this.
  22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I’ve said essentially the same thing. The questions are more interesting than the answers.

23. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

Loved that season. Made me think they were going for some kind of time loop ending where the Lost guys in the past accidentally created the whole mythology of the show when they went back in time.

Of course that never panned out.

24. alexpop

Yeah..that would have been the clever option.

25. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

This is the theory I put on Facebook to my friends about 6 weeks before the final episode aired, I remember being so disappointed with the ending, as I was convinced I'd sussed it with this theory!

[​IMG]

superstar19, Scotian and alexpop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.