Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Read the Scottish actor (Peru) Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) is keen to be in another cool TV series like LOST( but he doubts it) Currently in The 100 sci fi apocaltical yarn, though his part in it is not as good as what he delivered in LOST, good to see he's working, not many of tbe original LOST cast got a working gig after the series ended in 2010 ( 8 years ago).

2. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

It's not goin' to happen, brutha. One thing I noticed was Lance Reddick on a few episodes. How cool would that be, to have had parts on Lost, The Wire, Fringe & Oz.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

Too right, brother. :)

4. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Yup..... my wife always cries....

jojopuppyfish likes this.
  5. alexpop

Spin off ? Not quite but The Leftovers
    is about the closet I've found.

Scotian likes this.
  6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Well I finished the whole series again. Season three started pretty shaky but turned itself around. Season 6 was possibly the weakest season & I'm not the first one to say that. The sideway timeline was a bit tedious especially when you knew what it was all about. Any episode that featured Desmond was head & shoulders above the rest of the episodes. He was one of the best of many excellent characters.

I'll still defend the final episode. Anyone that complains that it was religious wasn't paying attention to the rest of the series because there was religious imagery & representation used throughout the series. They kept it non-denominational & beyond a light similar to what was in the cave, we don't know what was there in tyhe final episode when Christian opened the doors. Saying it was Heaven is just filling in the blank with your own idea, which is fine. I would describe myself as atheist but I also like spiritual elements in some movies or shows that suggest there might be more.

7. alexpop

TV shows in general re; reboots.
    I'm sure a LOST reboot is inevitable. But what about other shows Breaking Bad reboot for example or The Wire,Deadwood???

8. alexpop

Purgatory :Lost final episode ?
    Ashes To Ashes ( 3 seasons) had a similar styled ending though better.

9. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I was a fan of the show from beginning to end, including all deleted scenese (which show so much better backstory in regards to Shannon esepecially...makes her way more sympathetic)...and of course the added ending.

The sideways timeline got so many people confused, and while I understand it, I think the true understanding of all things happening give a way to explain that an afterlife, and infinite...or any other such thing humans can't wrap their heads around.

When Jack has the talk with his Father and all of it comes together in regards to everything being real and a part of what it takes for him to "move on" and the key detail that what we have seen isn't chronological, it shows that what is behind the white light isn't important.

For people that want answers, it is right there. Accept that everything you see was how it was supposed to be.

Without the "sideways" worlds I don't think the show would have meant as much to me. I consider it perfection for what it tried to convey.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Dude, that's so, like whoa, deep and stuff...mind blown - awesome! :rolleyes:

11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This is the thread that never ends. It just goes on & on, my friends.

12. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Thank you. Though it doesn't appear to be that difficult of an accomplishment.

Encuentro likes this.
  13. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I find that saying nothing at all is better than a snarky reply.

Sean Murdock and Encuentro like this.
  14. alexpop

Any news on Lost reboot ?

15. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Has there been any talk of one, beyond idle speculation? It's well known that ABC owns the rights to the show, the name, the characters, etc. -- and also that Damon and Carlton wouldn't be involved in any spinoffs, but also wouldn't object either. Since everything gets rebooted eventually, I could see it happening -- a series about Hurley's tenure as the "new Jacob" would be an obvious framework. But what's the story? The centuries-old struggle between Jacob and the MiB has been resolved; the mysteries of the DHARMA Initiative have been explored. Would it just be a new batch of castaways and their flashbacks? I guess they could turn LOST into some kind of procedural, but without that extra bit of magic I don't know what would make it special...

alexpop likes this.
  16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I think the series said all there was to be said. I love it, warts and all.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  17. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I liked Lost initially then a few years into it and I became kinda frustrated with it but wanted to see if it would turn around and get better. While it didn't necessarily get worse for me it just didn't get better but I hung in there to see it to the end.

A kind person on the intertubes has assembled a collection called Chronologically Lost. It's 101 episodes of the series re-edited into a chronological telling of the story. It looks interesting - but I haven't given myself time to sit and watch it that way.
    I feel like I still need time away from the series as I found myself getting a bit frustrated with the show as the seasons went on.

Has anyone else watched the series via the re-editing of Chronologically Lost?

Eric_Generic and alexpop like this.
  18. alexpop

Interesting idea.
    I’m planning on watching Lost ( original series)again, my fourth time.

19. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

No, but how about that ending?!

Eric_Generic likes this.
  20. alexpop

Initially first viewing it was a wtf.

But, subsequent viewings I got used to it.

21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

This is a fun little thread to revive once in awhile just to watch people become irate all over again. Apparently time does not heal all wounds.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  22. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I would be in for another Lost go around! Might prevent the Bad Reboot guys from staying involved in Star Trek! How can the guys that did such great work on the TV screw up a franchise so bad?

23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The wife and I DID!
    It was on some old 'bit-torrent'-style devise (I think, it was called Real Media...)
    Quite good, especially when the plane first crashes;
    they spit the screen in four at times, to show everything that happened at the same time.
    It's been a while, but I think there's a blog somewhere that has them still available to show.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  24. Yep. My takeaway from Lost: Devil = bad, God = good, Man = stuck in the middle, hopefully getting shiny clothes and bright lights at death.

25. alexpop

Thought the producers told ( critics/fans )early in the series episodes that “ No! It’s not purgatory “?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.