Lounge Audio Phono Pre Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jmrife, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Just plug it in.

sheffandy likes this.
  2. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

This. When I get a new phono stage, before I even listen to it I use my CD player, a Hagerman reverse RIAA, and an extra set of cables and burn-in for at least 72 hours. That way I don't have to hover over the turntable or put wear on the cartridge.

iRIAA2 - Inverse RIAA Filter ยป

John K.

PoeRaider likes this.
  3. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

Of the dozen or so preamps under $1k that I've heard, my top picks would be the Budgie and the Lounge. Two amazing bargains in hifi. Depending on mastering and source, I'm now interchanging these two with excellent results.

Having more fun than ever!

Opeth likes this.
  4. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Anybody with the Copla care to detail the brightness of the light source? I'm considering it with the Rogue Sphinx phono section to use a Zu/DL 103. I image I'd keep this plugged in 24/7 and don't want an overly noticeable light source. I'm sure I'm over thinking it but I can't help but ask.

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Think of it as your audio night light friend It's there but not overly bright, at least to me.

Joe Spivey and Vinyl Addict like this.
  6. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I don't think it's too bright, but I'm also not in the room with it all night.

Joe Spivey likes this.
  7. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

I'll most likely give it a go..

The stereo is in my living room where our family watches tv/movies and hangs out. While the stereo is not being used, we may not want the additional light. On the flip side... it might look kinda cool :wiggle:

Thanks for the responses!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  8. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

24/7 :)

Colin M and c-eling like this.
  9. anothertribe

anothertribe Forum Resident

Likewise, 24/7...

bluemooze likes this.
  10. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

24/7/365

Vinylsoul 1965 likes this.
  11. Vinyl Addict

I have it plugged into the switched outlet on my preamp

12. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

But it's designed to be left on (whatever that implies; I know nothing about electronics)

13. Vinyl Addict

It's designed to be able to be left on, I don't think it necessarily HAS to be left on. That's not in the instructions anywhere that I saw anyway.
    I dont want to look at the blue light 24/7.

Brent Maeder and bluemooze like this.
  14. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

Same here.

Brent Maeder and Vinyl Addict like this.
  15. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Forum Resident

Nice to see so many happy Lounge owners out there. I had been enjoying mine for over a year now until a recent power surge. My surge protector didn't save my Lounge. Talk about a depressing day...

Never fear though, after an email response from Robert's wife Daniela I shipped it to them to see if it could be saved. Robert replaced the fuse and diodes and shipped it back to me via 2-day priority mail. I was anxious to hear it in action having been without it for almost two weeks. First up was Hank Mobley's "Soul Station". Everything sounded great, as usual, but Wynton Kelly's piano sounded like it was right in the room with me! Each note detailed, clear. The accuracy of the instrumentation is one of the main things I have liked about my Lounge since I bought it. All was right in my musical world again :agree:.

Best money I have spent on my moderate system without a doubt. I feel the Lounge helps to elevate the performance of the components around it.

Also, how often do consumers have access to the person who designed and built that which is purchased. As Robert's business grows and it certainly will, that may change but for now I certainly appreciate the fact that his knowledge and advice is just a "conversation" away.

First class product and first class customer service.

16. athensdrums

athensdrums Forum Resident

Had to chime in...received my Lounge two days ago and am very impressed. Been using the phono stage of my Marantz PM6004 for a couple years and the difference is dramatic, even after approximately eight hours of use. Currently listening to the AP "Genius + Soul = Jazz" and and can't stop grinning. Also, dealing with the company was great...nice service.

Blank Slate likes this.
  17. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

I am using a Graham Slee Gram Am2 SE and wondered if any of you have compared the Slee to the Lounge?

18. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Well, this is my ears, my equipment, my room... I own the LCR and a GS Reflex and I prefer the LCR.

GS Reflex - lots of treble, no bass
    LCR - much midrange goodness, lots of bass.

YMMV and all that. :)

c-eling likes this.
  19. Blank Slate

Blank Slate Forum Resident

Grinning...that is exactly what I did on my first listen and many subsequent listens since then. Enjoy!!

Vinyl Addict and athensdrums like this.
  20. xantus

xantus Active Member

some loungelove!
    [​IMG]

21. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Put some green Frog Tape over the blue light bars, it changes it into a dull purple-ish glow...

Bananas&blow and jriems like this.
  22. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Just bought a Pickering XV-15 cartridge. First tried it with the tube phono preamp in my Conrad Johnson PV12 preamp. Sounded pretty good. Then I tried it with my Lounge LCR III. Amazing and unbelievable. Best sound I've ever heard using the Lounge. Massive amounts of beautiful sound coming from my speakers. Synergy is everything in home audio. :)

23. Mel1134

Mel1134 Member

Is the Lounge a much better phono pre amp than the Rega Fono Mini? Budget was $200.00 f0r a phono pre map, but might be worth the additional cost of the Lounge if a significant better sound than the Rega

24. Helom

Helom Forum member

I find the blue light quite obnoxious, though partly because it's not the same hue as the blue LEDs on my Halo integrated.

I plan to disable the lights in my LCR after confirming it won't affect the warranty.

25. Threshold

Threshold Well-Known Member

To get a better phono you'll have to shop in the $800-$1000 range. IMHO.

Opeth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.