MAD MEN -- Season FIVE Official Thread....

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chip TRG, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member Thread Starter

Just over a week away, and we FINALLY get back to business.

I would make some guesses, but as always, the editing of ANY teases that we get from AMC don't give ANY idea on which way things will go.

Discuss.....

2. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Man, I hope Don comes to his senses and breaks off the engagement with Megan. What was he thinking? Just as he was starting to develop something meaningful with Faye (maybe it got a little too real), he dives headlong into a relationship with someone he barely knows. Why? Because she's good with the kids? Because she looks at him with awe, rather than as an equal? Don can be a frustrating protagonist, but I'm looking forward to the new season. I'll be curious to see how the tone changes as they get deeper into the 60's.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I read an interview with Matthew Weiner the other day that said that the series will go seven seasons and then stop, and that Weiner already knows "exactly how the series will end," for whatever that's worth.

4. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Looking forward to season 5.Man,it seems like forever since season 4 ended.

5. Parhelion

Parhelion Forum Resident

Yes, October 17, 2010 was the Season 4 finale. Am looking forward to March 25th.

6. Tristero

Maybe in a desperate effort to find himself, Don drops acid, realizes how shallow his advertising career is and makes a pilgrimage to Haight Ashbury to become one of the original Deadheads.

7. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Sounds more like most denizens here. :)

I don't have cable or dish. So wake me up when the season 5 bluray is available. http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_e...on 5 blu ray&url=search-alias=movies-tv&ajr=1

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I don't think Don is going to break off the engagement, but something will happen, he'll stray and get caught,or. . . something will happen.

I think that your analysis of why Faye didn't work out and why Megan was so attractive to him is right on. Will be an interesting season. Perhaps they'll shift the focus a little away from Don. . . nah, that won't happen.

9. Tristero

Well, Don is the main character, but Peggy is pretty essential too and I love the way that their relationship has evolved, without much hint of possible romance. I think the cast is pretty well rounded, with each character having their own strengths and weaknesses.

On the basis of nothing, I predict this season will see the return of Sal the art director.

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I hope Season 5 will focus on the ad agency and the inter-office going-ons. This is where Season 1 excelled. Season 4 felt like a generic soap opera in some spots. I hope to see a major storyline with Pete Campbell and Peggy Olsen. It will be interesting to see the transition from the early 60's to the mid 60's in this season. I wonder how the characters will transition?

Would love to see Rachel Menken return. Gosh, I thought her and Draper were a perfect match :)

11. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

I hope so, I missed him in the last season.

Tom

12. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Anybody know whether this new season will be on Amazon On Demand? I know it'll be on iTunes...

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

It's about time. My patience with AMC's shoddy programming schedule/marketing/bad new shows is wearing thin. They even do a crappy job of marketing MM, but thankfully I know it to be a great show.

I'm always interested in what they'll do with Peggy next. She is the most interesting character after Don, and the way they've written every part of her progression along side Don has been brilliant.

14. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

15. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I have dish...but I'd rather wait for the Blu-ray on these shows that are my favourites to watch them in the properly quality with lossless audio the first time around. I'll sacrifice participating in official thread discussions, but I'm okay with that. :)

16. subatomic09

subatomic09 Forum Resident

Considering Kiernan Shipka practically looks like a teenager, I can't imagine they're picking the show up where it left off. I'm imagining they're going to jump ahead a year.

17. The season should start with Don in bed with Sal. Let's see how they work that one out! :D

18. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Sal and Pete Campbell, in a flash forward to 1968. This will be after Pete finds out Trudy had a love child with the bass player from the Chambers Brothers.

19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I'm not gonna read this as i only just started Season #2 , i'm late to the game , but what an A+++ show , Glad it's Headed for another season , i have so much to look forward to !

20. Paradiddle

Paradiddle Forum Resident

Can't wait for this to start, either, it's been far too long. I hope the picture quality on AMC is better than Walking Dead, though.

21. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I can't wait either. It's been a long time.

22. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member Thread Starter

I had missed a pivotal ep. last year, and I just saw it for the first time this past weekend: the episode where Anna Draper had died and Peggy ends up stying with Don through the night at the office. I was floored by what was truly one of the most amazing hours of TV I have ever watched.

Also, after seeing that episode, I can now say that Don & Peggy getting "together" would be a drastic mistake. I never really saw it happening in the first place, even though others love to speculate on it in a "Sam & Diane" sort of way, but Don & Peggy will never be more that two platonically involved people who seem to know where each other is coming from. There is a VERY strong bond between them, obviously more than coworker and coworker, but romantic? Nope. I'd bet a million to one odds against it.

23. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I thought that was the best episode of the 4th season, too. Peggy is taking Anna's place as the person who best understands him.

24. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

25. Ramos Pinto

Ramos Pinto New Member

I guess it's up to me: Trudy Campbell needs more screen time, and in less clothing!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.