Maestro AC OUTLETS.....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by HiFiSoundGuy, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiFiSoundGuy

HiFiSoundGuy New Member Thread Starter

One of the most overlooked and one of the weakest links in your system is your ac outlet. Over the years I have tried most of the ac outlets on the market and Maestro ac outlet is the best that I have tried in my system. My system sounds so much more realistic with these ac outlets in my system. The improvement is not small... its like getting a component upgrade! Here's my review on these outlets over on the audiogon forum http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?raccs&1280581691

2. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Along with dedicated 20A lines, I run Shunyata receptacles. Yep, they certainly do provide an improvement.

3. HiFiSoundGuy

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I believe good outlets can improve one's system. I also believe that products like this are way overpriced.

5. Damauritz

Damauritz New Member

No, it isn't.

6. HiFiSoundGuy

Yes, I do agree with you, that a lot of the ac outlets are way overpriced BUT not the Maestro ac outlets. I think they are are an AMAZING BARGAIN... PRICE VS PERFORANCE !..

7. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

You're not a paid spokesman?

Doug

8. Damauritz

Damauritz New Member

$80 is actually pretty terrible for a receptacle

9. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Ive hardwired my components directly to the customer side of my power meter.

You guys are really missing the boat, unless you try doing it that way.

Outlet upgrades, 20 Amp dedicated lines....not even close. I get all the juice and none of the noise. By eliminating the line breaker, the outlet itself and all associated wiring leading to the outlet its in a whole new ballpark sound wise..!

My upgrade in sound is equal easily to 2 component upgrades, and possibly bordering on 3 depending on if my neighbors are really running a lot of appliances or not!

10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Why...$80 does not seem like much for a quality product

11. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

Interesting review, but what do you think accounts for all these adjetives? I mean you are simply talking a RECEPTACLE....or am I missing something?

Are you paid by this company to make up reviews?...Just askin, no disrespect, but your claims are quite hard to believe.

Those kinda changes sound like the difference I hear when totally sloshed and waking up with a hangover......Perhaps a bit more details about why your sound radically changes from simply changing a receptacle:help:

12. kevintomb

kevintomb Forum Resident

But a totally great good quality outlet can be had for much less than $10.00.

Im not sure why one would spend that much for something that simply connects an electrical cable and has a receptacle.....There isnt that much involved,....really...have you had an outlet apart to see how LITTLE is inside of one?

Its literally 4 screws, a few metal connectors and the receptacle itself.

13. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I need to check my dedicated lines to see if that's what the electrician did, thanks!

14. tima

tima Forum Resident

How long was the break-in period for you to notice the full improvement?

15. Dennis Metz

Where can I buy them?

16. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

Audiophile voodoo.

These guys think 120 volts @ 3 amps is the same thing as 5 millivolts @ .01 amps.

They cannot see any differentiation.

Doug

17. Dennis Metz

You probably use zip cord:D:cheers:

18. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

Why the same old audiophile generalization against anybody who challenges these sacred beliefs?

Do you believe 120 volts @ 3 amps is the same thing as 5 millivolts @ .01 amps?

Do you know enough about electricity to know any difference?

Doug

19. Dennis Metz

I thought we were talking sound:D:cheers:

20. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

:laugh:

21. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

Did you solder the connections and, if so, did you use tin-lead solder, the new stuff which is guaranteed NOT to kill everybody on earth with lead poisoning, or silver solder?

If not, did you use gold five-way binding posts, silver, copper, or platinum?

Or did you just use a wire-wrap technique?

PS, I hope you disconnected the wires coming into you home before trying any of the above.

Plus, I really think you should have made the connections BEFORE the meter to eliminate any spinning effects from the disc in said meter.

Doug

22. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You've never heard "fuzz" when your wife turns on the washing machine?

I have (yes, it was on the same circuit).

23. Doug G.

Doug G. Forum Resident

Pssst. In a HiFi system, sound is a result of electricity. :D

In fact, sound, in a HiFi system, is inextricably bound to electricity.

Doug

24. HiFiSoundGuy

NO, I'm not a paid spokeman....just LOVE the product.

25. HiFiSoundGuy

NO, Im not getting paid to write this review. The other outlets have compared in the past, the difference's between them were small. BUT when I tried the Maestro outlets in my system I heard a much larger improvements... across the board improvements! I think these large improvements are because of the very high qualitly pure copper used in these maestro outlets and they are also unplated outlets too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.